Bus Welcome for Real Madrid (H) | coach arrives at 18:30

The club’s intentions are good I’m sure, but they do have a knack of cranking up the cheese-ometer at every opportunity.

The fast version of Blue Moon, and insistence on drowning us out with a multi-decibel PA system, being just 2 examples. Three if you count the mini-flags!

I think a part of it is spotlight syndrome from people involved at the club, probably coming from a good place tbf to them. They feel responsible for helping but one person's great atmosphere is another one's cheese.

I personally find the call and response goalscorer announcing to be horrendously plastic and a bit "look at meeeee!" from the lad involved but you can see from the YouTube video of him doing it that he's blue as they come.

After watching the last coach welcome against Bayern, 2 things struck me..

1. There is no need for the dj at the entrance on nights like this.

2. I think there were a couple of 1894 lads waving telescopic flags at the top of the spirals, can we take it further and have a ‘tick-a-tape’ launch from the spirals? Would be good. Think Argentina 78!!

2. I think there were a couple of 1894 lads waving telescopic flags at the top of the spirals, can we take it further and have a ‘tick-a-tape’ launch from the spirals? Would be good. Think Argentina 78!!
Agreed, there is absolutely no need for the DJ. Club needs to trust us!!

We've asked about City getting rid of the DJ for these bus welcomes, but they seem adamant.

Love the ticker tape idea. We'll see what we can do. I was one of the guys waving a telescopic flag last time - it didn't really work with the low roof/high wind. Was really hard work haha.

Not against the 50’000 flags idea, but can we not let 1894 freestyle it in the south stand, keep a bit of authenticity….also have we given them the usual visitor allocation? Bit of a joke if we have, we really should be sticking away supporters up in tier 3 of the east stand with a similar allocation to what they give us in these games, I’d of loved to see a South stand full of blues for this

Not against the 50’000 flags idea, but can we not let 1894 freestyle it in the south stand, keep a bit of authenticity….also have we given them the usual visitor allocation? Bit of a joke if we have, we really should be sticking away supporters up in tier 3 of the east stand with a similar allocation to what they give us in these games, I’d of loved to see a South stand full of blues for this
Pretty sure I read Madrid only had small allocation, top of third tier. Not sure if that is the case though.

Got to be honest, the whole 50k small flags by the club always feels a bit plastic. Much prefer the 1894 displays thats driven by the fans.

I agree. The last couple of 1894 displays have brilliant as well, much better than anything put on by the club. I’ll happily donate if that changes

Hopefully we can put something together for the fa cup final - thinking ticket tape, flags, scarves, the lot

Pretty sure I read Madrid only had small allocation, top of third tier. Not sure if that is the case though.
It looked like they got the usual when I bought tickets, they don’t even travel well in Spain or in the CL usually

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.