Buy ur club n burn it down

Horrible chant and anyone who sings it should be ashamed... Or go be a Rag!

I remember the days when we used to sing "always look on the bright side of life" when we lost...

They took it up and sang it as a taunt to the opposition when they'd won...?

Point... Missed...

For Portsmouth, the song could be

"Buy your club and build you a ground"

Blueto said:
I hate this chant and think it's unimaginative
smug and arrogant. It was ok against the scum,
but it is becoming cringeworthy, we are better than that.
Dons tin hat as plenty of people sing it.
I'm with you on this.

mr t said:
It's vile and makes all city fans look like a bunch of big headed twats.

It also makes us look like a bunch of stupid big headed twats because more often than not we lose the game and the opposing fans can't wait to rub our noses in it - normally with the "You might be rich but you are shit" song and we can't argue with that.

It was bad enough listening to it at away games but it's now started to make an appearance at home games.

This. Big time.

Back to the Forest chanting, I loved it when they sang "Hughesy is a United fan".....didn't think that one through did they!

Quickly responded to with "Davies is a Derby fan"!

My other fave "you can stick your bow and arrow up your arse"! Haha

How weird! The thought just came into my head to start a thread about how much I despise this chant and what do you know, there's already a 4 page one about the very subject. I find it utterly pathetic and disrespectful and most importantly so Un-City like! We're better than this. We're City from Maine Road - known throughout the footballing world for our gracious, hospitable welcome (unfortunately on too many occasions to opponents). As someone's already pointed out - this chant smacks of United. If this is the result of having a bit of dough then you fucking keep it as far as I'm concerned. You'll never catch me singing that song!

At first i thought it was a horrid, arrogant song.

But when teams such as Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn start singing to us "You've got no history", "where were you when you were shit", "you've never won fuck all"

FUCK EM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.