Buying a new TV

I’m hoping when avatar 2 releases we get 3D reborn, I know Cameron is working on glasses free tv, at home it can be stunning in the right setup.

I’m hoping when avatar 2 releases we get 3D reborn, I know Cameron is working on glasses free tv, at home it can be stunning in the right setup.

When the alienistic flower pollen typos floated out of our TV in that love scene we were sat sitting there like a pair of balloons reaching out to capture a few in our own olden aged palms. Avatar is the best 3D film available and wets the appetite for what is about to land in the guise of VR.

Last edited:
3D tv has been

And gone.

It just passed you on by Dennis, a little like life can do. But a great piece of tech nevertheless. Maybe the faffing around with spectacles was a bridge too far but a little easier than the "elmet" you will have to put on if you want to attend our virtual meet ups at the Rain bar : /

I didn't have the money at the time and went with the C6, have to say that the viewing angles on it are superb and the curve is very slight, it also has 3D but i have only used it a handful of times due to limited content.

The scurlious dogs down at Sky HQ have a great selection.

If it is any help, my brother recently bought a Philips smart tv and hated it. The ‘smart’ bit kept crashing. He has replaced it with an LG OLED which he is delighted with. For myself, I only buy Sony and bought a Bravia smart tv last year. Like all android systems it is a bit clunky and the picture, whilst good, is not as good as OLED though the screen problems are well known and mentioned on here.

3D tv has been

And gone.
Twice but I still maintain if you can get it done without glasses it will piss all over 4/8/16 k TV, mine at home when it’s been done properly, I.e. a proper conversion is very immersive. I’m currently trying to get Alita as it’s supposed to be very good and a decent 3D setup trounces 4K any day of the week.

Wonderful selection of tv sets are now available but it is unlikely that any match the original source particularly for colour.

I think we are now expected to decide for ourselves what colours we like which I suppose is not a bad thing but unfortunately incorrect to the original film or live event.

Why they all choose to give variation defeats me when your average laptop is very accurate regarding colour calibration across the full colours and their light content.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.