By-Elections

To all the "can't be arsed" "they're all the same" "they're not what I want" crowd, who decide they won't vote, you are just giving the Tories your vote.
Why's that?
Because you aren't voting against them and they could survive to carry on with this shitshow.
Sometimes you have to appreciate that you have to vote for something in order to vote against something else and even if it isn't perfect it has to be better than keeping the status quo.

To all the "can't be arsed" "they're all the same" "they're not what I want" crowd, who decide they won't vote, you are just giving the Tories your vote.
Why's that?
Because you aren't voting against them and they could survive to carry on with this shitshow.
Sometimes you have to appreciate that you have to vote for something in order to vote against something else and even if it isn't perfect it has to be better than keeping the status quo.
Cue the bloke on Look North West during the 2005 election who said he thought Labour were doing a good job so he didn't need to bother voting.

Why's that?
That's true but it will also become an issue for Conservatives as well. Large numbers of traditional Conservatives chose to abstain in Tiverton and Honiton, a silent protest, if you will, against Johnson. Should his pattern of behavior continue for another two years, and I see no reason to believe it won't, then the Conservatives may be faced with a growing number of voters who become sufficiently disillusioned with him that they just do not vote. In that regard, a card that the Opposition parties have not yet played is equating a vote for the Conservatives as a vote that endorses Johnson's behavior; at that point, not voting may become just as effective a weapon.

Why's that?
When I hear somebody saying that I just take it that they are Tories anyway but don’t want to be associated with the shit-show we are in at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.