Caicedo's Goal

I've said this on this forum before but I'm going to repeat myself. I've got a few mates who are rags and they're not twunts, they want City to do well. Not too well obviously.

But the thing they always have a go at me for is, from a rag looking in, City fans are too quick to get on players backs. Particularly the young home grown players coming through.

Anyone reading this forum in regard to comments about Evans, Sturridge, Johnson and last year Ireland, would have to conclude that they are absolutely right.

None of these players plus Big Phil and Jo, are anywhere near the finished article and need time to develop. They especially need patience from the fans and not to be this week's target of the boo boys.

I agree the jury is still out on these players, but continually slagging them does them no favours at all

Still not sure about him. Good finish, but as with a few of our players, he's not had much game time which means that sometimes he'll look good and sometimes he'll look bad. It's the same with the likes of Jo and Chid. There was a time when i wasn't sure about Stevie, seemed a bit lightweight, but he turned out ok. And there was a time that i thought that Willo looked good but he turned out to be somewhere less than good.

I say we might as well play him now, cos come the end of Jan he may find it a lot harder to make his mark.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Corky said:
To be fair pasta, they were this month when everything else had failed, I was saying it after the bolton 0-0.

Some idiots on here insist he is the same as Miller because of the same colour and frame, when he is nothing like that.

One of those threads is by someone who has always slagged him off as a last resort.

The one thing i look at in a player is if they have a good touch, if they do then there is half a chance of them making it. I also know how hard it is for a young lad to go and play in another country without speaking the language and in a league as good and as tough as the Premier League.

I was a big fan of Ireland and Samaras, because both of them have great ball control and a lovely touch. What they never had was strength and confidence which you need to be successfull in this league. Ireland got it but Samaras didn't.

Big Phil has all the attributes to be a decent player, he has a good touch, is strong and has pace. He just needs time and more confidence in himself which hopefully that goal will give him tonight.

It's the same with Jo, he has ability and a great touch but he just needs to bulk up abit and beleive in himself.

With players like Samaras, Ireland, Caicedo and Jo even without strength, pace and fitness they still have the ability and that will never leave them. With players like Vassell, Benjani and Evans when you take away their strength, pace and fitness you are left with average footballers.

You may say that is being harsh on Evans but i cannot see anything in him but am willing to wait and give him time to prove me wrong.

Spot on

I have absolutely hammered him at times. Never at a match though. Last night he looked up for it. That at least puts him ahead of the majority of our players at the moment. He deserves his chance now against West Brom. Ched has had his so lets give him a chance while we are short on numbers.

His made a couple of good runs last night and his finish was top class as well.

oldhamblue said:
I've said this on this forum before but I'm going to repeat myself. I've got a few mates who are rags and they're not twunts, they want City to do well. Not too well obviously.

But the thing they always have a go at me for is, from a rag looking in, City fans are too quick to get on players backs. Particularly the young home grown players coming through.

Anyone reading this forum in regard to comments about Evans, Sturridge, Johnson and last year Ireland, would have to conclude that they are absolutely right.

None of these players plus Big Phil and Jo, are anywhere near the finished article and need time to develop. They especially need patience from the fans and not to be this week's target of the boo boys.

I agree the jury is still out on these players, but continually slagging them does them no favours at all

Totally agree, but we need more seasoned players in the team who can take the pressure off the new ones breaking through. Last night proved how thin our current squad actually is and i can see us signing a few players with older heads on their shoulders in Jan.

As Robinho has already said, we do not have a winning mentality at the moment. We need seasoned pro's to develop more belief in the squad.

I do believe that we have some awesome talent available, as we have seen but it needs to be nurtured, protected and cultivated.

I hate to say it but the RAGS are exceptionally good at getting this balance right, which you will have to admit has born fruit over the years.

A bit of grit and determination mixed with what we already have would be nice to see and i would just like to say for the record that virtually everyone that Hughes has bought in has shown more of this than the reminants of last seasons squad.

Right now Caicedo or Sturridge are our best options for the lone striker role that Hughes seems to love so much. Why he doesn't try the 2 up front only our rag of a manager knows.

He may or may not make it, and the same goes for Ched, but some on here tend to forget that these players are kids. These are the same fools who were slagging of Ireland, somethin rotten, only a few month's ago.

Personally I leave em to it. You cant talk sense into some of these dumbfooks, who have obviously never played football at a higher level than their age group.

OB1 said:
He pulled off a couple of tremendous back heels last season (passes) and I saw him notch a couple of excellent goals for Ecuador a few months back; plus Sven and Tord obviously saw potential. Whether the lad has a real future at City or in the EPL I've no idea but he is a young man who clearly had difficulty settling into a struggling side in a new country etc and he might just prove to be a decent player, given time.

With City's injuries, I'd be tempted to start him at WBA in a 4-3-2-1 formation:

Richards, TBH/Ned, Dunne, Ball
Zab, Kompany, Garrrido
SWP, Ireland
Caicedo

After all, it is Xmas.

Nothing to lose is there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.