Caicedo's Goal

i watched big phil in the reserves recently and honestly he was trying his hardest not sure why hughes wasnt there but felt sorry for the guy he just kept geting the ball and trying to beat the whole team but it wasnt
working .got to give the guy a chance we have nothing to lose with the strikers weve got

I also stuck up for Big Phil. In recent times i'd written him off though because so many of the fans were bullying him & he didn't seem to have a future.

I don't know if he'll make it but he certaily has talent. So does Ched Evans. Neither has done much in the 1st team yet & perhaps they won't but the very fact that it's neccessary to defend these young kids against unconstructive, thick headed attacks from so called supporters is quite sickening.

Constructive criticism is one thing. Nasty mean spirited slagging of a young bloke who wears the blue shirt is quite another.

fair play to the lad, took his chance brilliantly and played well. I like him. way more direct than anything we have. Give him a go on Sunday sparky.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Corky said:
To be fair pasta, they were this month when everything else had failed, I was saying it after the bolton 0-0.

Some idiots on here insist he is the same as Miller because of the same colour and frame, when he is nothing like that.

One of those threads is by someone who has always slagged him off as a last resort.

The one thing i look at in a player is if they have a good touch, if they do then there is half a chance of them making it. I also know how hard it is for a young lad to go and play in another country without speaking the language and in a league as good and as tough as the Premier League.

I was a big fan of Ireland and Samaras, because both of them have great ball control and a lovely touch. What they never had was strength and confidence which you need to be successfull in this league. Ireland got it but Samaras didn't.

Big Phil has all the attributes to be a decent player, he has a good touch, is strong and has pace. He just needs time and more confidence in himself which hopefully that goal will give him tonight.

It's the same with Jo, he has ability and a great touch but he just needs to bulk up abit and beleive in himself.

With players like Samaras, Ireland, Caicedo and Jo even without strength, pace and fitness they still have the ability and that will never leave them. With players like Vassell, Benjani and Evans when you take away their strength, pace and fitness you are left with average footballers.

You may say that is being harsh on Evans but i cannot see anything in him but am willing to wait and give him time to prove me wrong.

WINNER

Did big Phils goal mean that they dint go through on goal average??

snip said:
Did big Phils goal mean that they dint go through on goal average??

I got told if we wouldn't have scored then Santander would of gone through.

I watched the game on an american web site(commentary was hilarious) and thought whilst Ched really did put loads of effort in, it obviously wasnt to be his night. I also think those being openly critical of the young lad need to give themselves a serious talking too. He may not (yet) be the most talented player weve ever had, but he is a young inexperienced lad, who cannot be faulted for his work ethic and graft.
On to "Big Phil"...I have to admit to not being his greatest supporter, as i was probably expecting him to hit the ground running after we paid £5 m for him, and so like most other blues was a bit dissapointed with the big man. However last night, when he came on, I thought he gave his best performance yet for City. It will be far too early for his 30 minute apperance to suggest he is the answer to our striker troubles, but if he can continue to show progression, then there may be a place for him in the side. I hope so. Up the blues!

He pulled off a couple of tremendous back heels last season (passes) and I saw him notch a couple of excellent goals for Ecuador a few months back; plus Sven and Tord obviously saw potential. Whether the lad has a real future at City or in the EPL I've no idea but he is a young man who clearly had difficulty settling into a struggling side in a new country etc and he might just prove to be a decent player, given time.

With City's injuries, I'd be tempted to start him at WBA in a 4-3-2-1 formation:

Richards, TBH/Ned, Dunne, Ball
Zab, Kompany, Garrrido
SWP, Ireland
Caicedo

After all, it is Xmas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.