Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit

Challenger1978 said:
deynaskaz said:
Its a good idea on the face of it but does anyone believe that us the tax payers will feel any benefit from it.They say they will save 2 billion how much would they save if they stopped wasting money within government. How much would they save stopping endless investigations to find out who was to blame when accidents happen and systems break down just to come out with quotes like " we need to make sure this will never happen again" . This government don't give a fook about the working man,any fool can come up with popular policies that wont work to deflect criticism from the cocked up policies that already exist.
Give me 30p of a litre of petrol that will help me, get some jobs out there for the young people and get the insurance companies to stop charging 4k for a years insurance. Conservative policies are knee jerk and wont support this countries recovery,the problem is neither will labours so can i suggest we just start a fooking revolution.

Power to the people brother I've got my pitch fork ready and my burning torch.

Great stuff can we make sure this revolution doesnt clash with City matches and i for one will be on it.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:32 pm --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
deynaskaz said:
get the insurance companies to stop charging 4k for a years insurance.
I've explained before that most car insurance underwriters make around 4-8% profit on car insurance and many actually lose money on that side of it but have it as a loss leader for your custom.

If you want insurers to reduce prices then we need to get rid of "no win no fee" personal injury ambulance chasers. They and our increasingly litigious scoiety are the reason your premiums are so high.

I agree SWP so why don't the government focus on this then the the 18 to 25 year olds might have a chance to improve there lives and become more independent .

intheknow! said:
The irony of the people who support and lionise Thatcher, is that they are the ones who moan most about welfare and demand endless crackdowns on 'welfare lifestyles'. Yet it was their beloved Thatcher who created these 'welfare lifestyles'. In the 70's 'welfarism' was not an issue, working class people (men in particular), on the whole, had easy access jobs that allowed them to support and provide for a family. Yes sometimes these Industries were subsidised by the state but people had gainful employment and communities were strong. Dole existed but there was no Incapacity or the myriad of benefits there are now.

In the 80's Thatchers economic policy was based on the de-Industrialisation of Britain and to move us to a free market economy based largely on services and finance. This meant the destruction of the very jobs that working class communities (again mainly men) were sustained on. Interestingly Germany took the opposite view and decided to stick with manufacturing but through Government investment and crucially subsidy moved to a more high quality and high tech economy.

As this strategy was set in motion the inevitable happened, mass unemployment in Northern England, Scotland, Wales (Industrial areas). In order to massage the unemployment figures, Incapacity/the sick was created as well as Income support and the Dole was retained for Job Seekers. It was Thatcher's Government that created welfare as we now know it. If you look at the most deprived areas in England, Scotland and Wales where there is now inter-generational unemployment, you will see these are the very people and communities destroyed by Thatcher's deindustrialisation policy.

Unemployment was an intentional policy of Thatcher's. The Conservatives believe unemployment is a 'price worth paying' (quoting Norman Lamont). That is why it was her Government that created the welfare system her supporters now demonize. For Tories and their supporters in Big business a certain level of unemployment is a good thing. If you have 10 jobs and 10 workers, the power is with the worker, they can demand good wages etc but if you have 10 jobs and 100 workers, the power is with the employers. A large Labour or expanded Labour market with high unemployment means a cheaper, more compliant, fearful workforce.

good stuff

Mikecini said:
David Cameron said he wanted to stop those who were working from feeling resentment towards people on benefits.

Fucking lying ****. This is how the twats have repeatedly gotten into number 10.

He is not lying. I do feel resentment towards people on benefits.

deynaskaz said:
I agree SWP so why don't the government focus on this then the the 18 to 25 year olds might have a chance to improve there lives and become more independent .
How can they focus on it? They can't make insurers demand lower premiums as they are already losing money on the whole and it's a private industry.

I'd do away with our claims nature though. But fuck knows how we can do that and if it would even be possible. It's down to the courts that award the silly amounts all the time.

stonerblue said:
intheknow! said:
The irony of the people who support and lionise Thatcher, is that they are the ones who moan most about welfare and demand endless crackdowns on 'welfare lifestyles'. Yet it was their beloved Thatcher who created these 'welfare lifestyles'. In the 70's 'welfarism' was not an issue, working class people (men in particular), on the whole, had easy access jobs that allowed them to support and provide for a family. Yes sometimes these Industries were subsidised by the state but people had gainful employment and communities were strong. Dole existed but there was no Incapacity or the myriad of benefits there are now.

In the 80's Thatchers economic policy was based on the de-Industrialisation of Britain and to move us to a free market economy based largely on services and finance. This meant the destruction of the very jobs that working class communities (again mainly men) were sustained on. Interestingly Germany took the opposite view and decided to stick with manufacturing but through Government investment and crucially subsidy moved to a more high quality and high tech economy.

As this strategy was set in motion the inevitable happened, mass unemployment in Northern England, Scotland, Wales (Industrial areas). In order to massage the unemployment figures, Incapacity/the sick was created as well as Income support and the Dole was retained for Job Seekers. It was Thatcher's Government that created welfare as we now know it. If you look at the most deprived areas in England, Scotland and Wales where there is now inter-generational unemployment, you will see these are the very people and communities destroyed by Thatcher's deindustrialisation policy.

Unemployment was an intentional policy of Thatcher's. The Conservatives believe unemployment is a 'price worth paying' (quoting Norman Lamont). That is why it was her Government that created the welfare system her supporters now demonize. For Tories and their supporters in Big business a certain level of unemployment is a good thing. If you have 10 jobs and 10 workers, the power is with the worker, they can demand good wages etc but if you have 10 jobs and 100 workers, the power is with the employers. A large Labour or expanded Labour market with high unemployment means a cheaper, more compliant, fearful workforce.

good stuff
yeah probably the best so far.

SWP's back said:
deynaskaz said:
I've explained before that most car insurance underwriters make around 4-8% profit on car insurance and many actually lose money on that side of it but have it as a loss leader for your custom.

If you want insurers to reduce prices then we need to get rid of "no win no fee" personal injury ambulance chasers. They and our increasingly litigious scoiety are the reason your premiums are so high.

The same no win no fee shysters that get your details off the insurance companies before sending you a text/letter/call telling you you're 'entitled' to £3000 for that accident you didnt have. Them?

Damocles said:
malg said:
As with the Jimmy Carr Tax Avoidance thread the other day, this forum has more people who profess to being 'left' in political terms, but don't half appear to be 'right' minded....just saying.

A large percentage of the country is Libertarian and doesn't know it.

The left/ centre/ right pigeon holes are only useful to a point. I'm a confirmed liberal, but it seems at odds to me with the concept of natural justice that i should have to graft to maintain a social government system which allows people to 'opt out' of the humanity, except as some sort of low level parasite. i'm firmly of the belief that you don't need to be academic to be in some way brilliant (the examples are everywhere), and i suspect it's a number in 6, probably 7, figures of people that are intellectually and culturally stagnant in this country because they've been taught to expect nothing better of themselves. Fuck that, it's rubbish, and any stick is fine for those people, if (a massive if) the presiding government sorts out the carrot end of the deal as well. Anyway, carry on.

SWP's back said:
deynaskaz said:
How can they focus on it? They can't make insurers demand lower premiums as they are already losing money on the whole and it's a private industry.

I'd do away with our claims nature though. But fuck knows how we can do that and if it would even be possible. It's down to the courts that award the silly amounts all the time.

Well they could bring in legislation that would stop the no win no fee culture,they could try to influence the insurance companies to say only implement the higher insurance if said person made a claim,keep premiums low and make them affordable but if you claim your premium will be adjusted.My point is they do fook all to help i am not an expert but when i talk to people my own age we all pretty much have the same views.

stonerblue said:
SWP's back said:
deynaskaz said:

The same no win no fee shysters that get your details off the insurance companies before sending you a text/letter/call telling you you're 'entitled' to £3000 for that accident you didnt have. Them?
Yes and no.

The same lawyers that text and call you yes, but I am unaware that they get your number off insurers. My mate works for one in Manchester (the call centre, he's not a lawyer) and they buy the mobile phone number leads by the hundreds of thousands from anywhere that you may have written it down (online competition entry, amazon, argos etc etc).

Do you have some information that states that these bollocks "You're entitled to £3000" texts come as a result of your insurers selling your details? It's just I get about 6 of these texts a week and I always check the box that requests no marketing from the insurers or their affiliates.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:43 pm --<br /><br />
deynaskaz said:
SWP's back said:
deynaskaz said:

Well they could bring in legislation that would stop the no win no fee culture,they could try to influence the insurance companies to say only implement the higher insurance if said person made a claim,keep premiums low and make them affordable but if you claim your premium will be adjusted.My point is they do fook all to help i am not an expert but when i talk to people my own age we all pretty much have the same views.
Yes, because the youngest drivers are more likely to have an accident.

Your car may only be worth £600 but you could hit a £50k car or run down a queue of people waiting for a bus (few million pound claim) and that's why the premium doesn't reflect the value of your car. The older you get without claiming, the cheaper your insurance becomes. One of the few benefits of getting old.

As I say, insurers don't make a great deal and some only lose on car insurance.

SWP's back said:
stonerblue said:
SWP's back said:

Yes and no.

The same lawyers that text and call you yes, but I am unaware that they get your number off insurers. My mate works for one in Manchester (the call centre, he's not a lawyer) and they buy the mobile phone number leads by the hundreds of thousands from anywhere that you may have written it down (online competition entry, amazon, argos etc etc).

Do you have some information that states that these bollocks "You're entitled to £3000" texts come as a result of your insurers selling your details? It's just I get about 6 of these texts a week and I always check the box that requests no marketing from the insurers or their affiliates.

Referral fees are what i'm on about.

Referral Fees – The Real Problem

The real reason why there are so many people being pushed in to making compensation claims is because of the practice of personal injury referral fees. Whiplash claims in many instances are relatively easy to win – a rear end collision accident is basically money just waiting to be earned by the solicitor who will take it on. This salient fact has been picked up on and turned in to one of the biggest money making schemes in the last century.

If you hold the details of a whiplash accident victim, you are potentially holding £1,500.00 of legal fees in your hands. £1,500.00 is a fair bit of money. You approach anyone in the street and say to them “would you like £1,500.00?” and you’ll find the majority of people would be more than happy to oblige.

You tell a law firm that you can give them £1,500.00 for nothing and you would have one happy law firm. You tell them you can give them £1,500.00 in exchange for £800.00 and you still have a happy law firm. Can you see where I’m going with this?

The personal details of an accident victim who was not at fault in an incident is worth potentially a lot of money. Insurance companies, garages, breakdown and recovery firms, and the scrupulous claim and accident management companies have all clocked on to this; and they’re all making millions of pounds from it.

The most common one is Legal Expenses Insurance, or Motor Legal Protection as it’s sometimes called. The vast majority of people with a motor insurance policy will probably have this as an added extra, or will be physically paying for it as an addition to their insurance policy. Your insurance company will tell you that this vital addition to your policy means you have the benefit of legal insurance for a claim for compensation should you ever be in an accident.

Now, don’t get me wrong, it is a form of insurance; but when your insurers pass your details over to one of their panel of approved lawyers under the insurance scheme, they receive a healthy referral fee or administration fee for their troubles. Amazingly, this can be in the region of £800.00 to £1,000.00.

So, to break it down in extremely simple terms, if you have an accident and your insurers pass you over to a personal injury lawyer, your insurers could receive up to £1,000.00 for doing so. They are essentially “selling” your claim over to a law firm. Given that one of the first points of contact you make after an accident is to your own insurers, they can get the deal done there and then without delay; leaving the accident victim without the opportunity to even think about whether they are going to make or claim, nor who they might instruct to deal with a case.

If your insurers don’t catch it in time, the recovery firm you use may well also refer your details over to a law firm for a handsome payout instead – or the garage you take your car to, or even the police according to some sources in the past. Ultimately, anyone who knows about your accident can simply refer your details over to a claims company or a law firm and they can swoop your claim within hours or days.

http://www.insurancedaily.co.uk/201...sation-culture-driven-by-insurance-companies/
http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/referral-fees-spotlight-mps-slam-cost-whiplash-claims

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.