Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit

Peter Sutcliffe apparently gets many women visitors, some with presents even.

It defies logic, it is beyond comprehension.

Bit like thatcherism, except thatcherites see something in it for them, be it monetary gain or it strokes their feeling of superiority or both

I'll be back in a bit, just going to give birth to a thatcherite, might take a double
flush,...........that's better jeez what an ugly fucker

The comparison is a bit unbalanced, i admit, sutcliffe murdered 15?, how many was on the Belgrano ?

bellbuzzer said:

Bit like thatcherism, except thatcherites see something in it for them, be it monetary gain or it strokes their feeling of superiority or both

I'll be back in a bit, just going to give birth to a thatcherite, might take a double

The comparison is a bit unbalanced, i admit, sutcliffe murdered 15?, how many was on the Belgrano ?
Well done, 5 paragraphs of shite unrelated to the topic and even a pejorative reference to a war winning act by our brave boys.

bellbuzzer said:

Now you're in trouble. Some posters still have a crafty wank over ahem .. Lady T

Popcorn at the ready.

Citizen52 said:
Gonna be interested to see the impact this has working in this field.

Generally speaking, I see a few under 25s who do work but are on a low income who do claim but there aren't many, not single people anyway.

If they are in a couple the applicable amount increases (basically the amount the government says you need to live on) and if there's kids then even more so. There will be some people in this situation affected. Child and Working Tax Credits are included as income but if they are on a low earned income topped up by this you may see a few claiming this because of the high applicable amount (which increases with every child born).

There's gonna be a lot of Single Mums in a situation now that's for sure.

One thing I will be interested to see is if there's a situation whereby there's a couple, one over 25 and one under, whether they will allow claims in the name of the person over 25.

In the article he says there will be 'safeguards' for women suffering domestic abuse/violence. So expect to see the number of people claiming domestic abuse to go through the roof. Cameron has no idea of life outside of his circle of people, who are all millionaires, living off inherited wealth. The life of 99% of people in Britain is so far removed from this guilded elite, that is why having toffs in charge means suffering for everyone else. They bring in ludicrous policies because they have no idea of the realities of life.

The 'Law of unintended consequences' will come home to roost when all these welfare reforms bed in. Homelessness, absolute poverty, forced work for free schemes etc etc. People always think these policies are to target the mythical 'others' but eventually when if you ever need help you will realise what is really happening.

For example on the housing benefit, as I already said there will be exemptions for domestic abuse victims but also what about immigrants. A 23 year old from Afghanistan/Somali/Poland/Spain/America will be entitled to housing because they will be unable to move in with family, but a British person will not. Do you think that is fair?

intheknow! said:
Citizen52 said:

Generally speaking, I see a few under 25s who do work but are on a low income who do claim but there aren't many, not single people anyway.

If they are in a couple the applicable amount increases (basically the amount the government says you need to live on) and if there's kids then even more so. There will be some people in this situation affected. Child and Working Tax Credits are included as income but if they are on a low earned income topped up by this you may see a few claiming this because of the high applicable amount (which increases with every child born).

One thing I will be interested to see is if there's a situation whereby there's a couple, one over 25 and one under, whether they will allow claims in the name of the person over 25.

In the article he says there will be 'safeguards' for women suffering domestic abuse/violence. So expect to see the number of people claiming domestic abuse to go through the roof. Cameron has no idea of life outside of his circle of people, who are all millionaires, living off inherited wealth. The life of 99% of people in Britain is so far removed from this guilded elite, that is why having toffs in charge means suffering for everyone else. They bring in ludicrous policies because they have no idea of the realities of life.

The 'Law of unintended consequences' will come home to roost when all these welfare reforms bed in. Homelessness, absolute poverty, forced work for free schemes etc etc. People always think these policies are to target the mythical 'others' but eventually when if you ever need help you will realise what is really happening.

For example on the housing benefit, as I already said there will be exemptions for domestic abuse victims but also what about immigrants. A 23 year old from Afghanistan/Somali/Poland/Spain/America will be entitled to housing because they will be unable to move in with family, but a British person will not. Do you think that is fair?

Racist

I'm fervently centre left/ Liberal but I agree with this - to the point that as a citizen of this country you've got got muck in and not expect to simply pick up a dole cheque to spend on fags, booze and argos gold, and stagnate in a stew of ill-educated, un-motivated, ambition-less life. Drag up as many kids as you can be arsed having, trying to avoid getting nicked for petty crimes and if you're lucky a trip to sit on a TV set with Jeremy Kyle. fuck that, we owe it to these people to give them a boot up the arse and make something better of themselves and re-invent the idea of aspiration.

And would that mean withdrawing the right to have a kid of having a kids sake? Maybe... There are too many people in this world, and in a hunter-gatherer sense our civilization is inefficient at allocating resources. Over the coming decades those resources are unlikely to become more prevalent, so any change is better, right now.

Scum at either end of the spectrum?

In the blue corner...... Trust Me Dave, his father, the contributors to his political party and the very wealthy.

In the red corner....... Slangy Tracy and her brood, Workshy Tony, and Boian the economic migrant.

Dave and co taxing the life out of the poor PAYE working man yet clearly not willing to carry out the changes to make big business pay their dues. Unwilling to stop the people who profit from our markets yet refusing to pay what's due by entering into more and more complex tax 'avoidance' schemes.

We all 'know' about group two.

So which group are the biggest parasites?

And where does it leave those of us in the middle?

As an aside <a class="postlink" href="http://www.leech.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.leech.co.uk/</a> apt or what??

intheknow! said:
Citizen52 said:

Will there be exemption for young people who parent's are like dead or sick or at her majesty's pleasure?

As with the Jimmy Carr Tax Avoidance thread the other day, this forum has more people who profess to being 'left' in political terms, but don't half appear to be 'right' minded....just saying.

SWP's back said:
bellbuzzer said:

Well done, 5 paragraphs of shite unrelated to the topic and even a pejorative reference to a war winning act by our brave boys.

I'm no fan of Thatcher but it annoys the fuck out of me the way she gets slagged of about the Belgrano. If it was me I would of sank the Belgrano then parked as many subs as possible of the coast of Argentina and rained down hell on the fuckers (none nuclear missiles, we do have those). After all Argentina attacked and invaded us, the bastards deserved everything they got and much much more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.