Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit

Vagivoovoo said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Vagivoovoo said:
It is common knowledge that the shit jobs are offered to the Europeans coming here first.

It might be due, originally to people with more experience turning them down but that's up to the people applying.

I personally would take any job if I was unemployed, just to get back into work.
I agree on your last comment. However if that is a low paid job and you need housing benefit to contribute to the rent and council tax you will still be fucked if that is stopped. This situation is seemingly ignored by people who support cunty camerons idea
Also, a lot of people don't realise (at the moment) you can get housing support for low income. It's shocking that you have to ask or hunt down the info rather than being told it.

This country is shit and getting shitter.

Which presumably is why we have the highest standard of living in history.
Where do you live - the Democratic Republic of Congo?

If you rely on anothers labour to live (the way a child relies on its parent) then in what way are you independant?

You are not.

You are something though.

One vast Ponzi scheme where it is "just" to take from others under penalty of law, but greed to keep only what one works for.

Vagivoovoo said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Vagivoovoo said:
It is common knowledge that the shit jobs are offered to the Europeans coming here first.

It might be due, originally to people with more experience turning them down but that's up to the people applying.

I personally would take any job if I was unemployed, just to get back into work.
I agree on your last comment. However if that is a low paid job and you need housing benefit to contribute to the rent and council tax you will still be fucked if that is stopped. This situation is seemingly ignored by people who support cunty camerons idea
Also, a lot of people don't realise (at the moment) you can get housing support for low income. It's shocking that you have to ask or hunt down the info rather than being told it.

I don't know where to start on this.

Who should tell you?

And try a shitter country then where you don't have any welfare state.

mackenzie said:
There are some under 25's that are in full time work and yet still get help towards their rent because they are on a low income. And they get the help because they need it.
It would seem unfair to deny them the chance to set up their first home and strive for some independence.
However, I do think the housing benefits system IS in need of an overhaul but I'd like to see it directed at those who have never contributed and without good reason.

I agree on both points.<br /><br />-- 24 Jun 2012, 14:14 --<br /><br />
Vagivoovoo said:

Just our of curiosity, if you were in power what country would you use as your blueprint?

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Vagivoovoo said:
Lucky13 said:
Do you not see the contradiction in the first sentence?

Jobs are offered to those applying for them.

You clearly know nothing about the benefits system , if you have a low paid job you will receive working and child tax credits which will boost your wage , in addition you will receive help with your rent and Council Tax.

southern muppet said:
How long can this coalition last? Between this and the immigration reforms (specifically all the outrageous spousal visa reforms) surely the Lib Dems are getting fed up? This cannot go on until 2015, something's got to give.

something has to give, its called getting our country back on its feet. hope they get 3 or 4 more terms, i will have retired to warmer shores by then.

Lucky13 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Vagivoovoo said:

You clearly know nothing about the benefits system , if you have a low paid job you will receive working and child tax credits which will boost your wage , in addition you will receive help with your rent and Council Tax.

Single under 25 year olds?

Lucky13 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Vagivoovoo said:

Yes hence the low paid job comment.

The help with rent and council tax......Insist that housing benefit?

Sigh said:
If you rely on anothers labour to live (the way a child relies on its parent) then in what way are you independant?

You are not.

You are something though.

One vast Ponzi scheme where it is "just" to take from others under penalty of law, but greed to keep only what one works for.

Some people may work and pay tax from the age of 16 and suddenly at 23 they are made redundant with a pregnant wife/girlfriend. We're told by the Thatcherites on here to 'get any job'. Let's say 'any job' is minimum wage, you won't even earn 10 grand a year. Please tell me how you're going to pay for rent, clothes, water, gas, electric, food for 3 people with £10,000?

It's independEnt, by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.