Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Lucky13 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
I agree on your last comment. However if that is a low paid job and you need housing benefit to contribute to the rent and council tax you will still be fucked if that is stopped. This situation is seemingly ignored by people who support cunty camerons idea

Jobs are offered to those applying for them.

You clearly know nothing about the benefits system , if you have a low paid job you will receive working and child tax credits which will boost your wage , in addition you will receive help with your rent and Council Tax.
Yes hence the low paid job comment.

The help with rent and council tax......Insist that housing benefit?

Yes, lad I worked with ( we we're both on minimum wage ) got working and child tax credits and his rent paid, i'm not sure exactly what percentage of his Council Tax was paid , altogether it was worth over double what his wage was , anyone saying it ain't worth working just means they don't want to.

As for single under 25's Corky I aint sure about help for rent and council tax , presuming you mean living in their own place.

Lucky13 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Lucky13 said:
Jobs are offered to those applying for them.

You clearly know nothing about the benefits system , if you have a low paid job you will receive working and child tax credits which will boost your wage , in addition you will receive help with your rent and Council Tax.

Yes, lad I worked with ( we we're both on minimum wage ) got working and child tax credits and his rent paid, i'm not sure exactly what percentage of his Council Tax was paid , altogether it was worth over double what his wage was , anyone saying it ain't worth working just means they don't want to.

As for single under 25's Corky I aint sure about help for rent and council tax , presuming you mean living in their own place.
Nobody has said don't work, but removing housing benefit and having to pay for rent and council tax in full will cripple under 25's who are earning low amounts and trying to provide for a wife and child. That is with or without tax credits

de niro said:
southern muppet said:
How long can this coalition last? Between this and the immigration reforms (specifically all the outrageous spousal visa reforms) surely the Lib Dems are getting fed up? This cannot go on until 2015, something's got to give.

something has to give, its called getting our country back on its feet. hope they get 3 or 4 more terms, i will have retired to warmer shores by then.

Will the last one out please switch off the lights!

de niro said:
southern muppet said:
How long can this coalition last? Between this and the immigration reforms (specifically all the outrageous spousal visa reforms) surely the Lib Dems are getting fed up? This cannot go on until 2015, something's got to give.

something has to give, its called getting our country back on its feet. hope they get 3 or 4 more terms, i will have retired to warmer shores by then.

It's a big jump from not even being democratically elected by a majority to winning 3 or 4 consecutive terms (presumably with a majority).

Measures which are for the most part just designed to deceive and manipulate figures as a quick fix to get them re-elected, won't even work for one more term in 2015.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Lucky13 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

Nobody has said don't work, but removing housing benefit and having to pay for rent and council tax in full will cripple under 25's who are earning low amounts and trying to provide for a wife and child. That is with or without tax credits

I accept full responsibility for the cost of my mortgage, why should it be different if you rent?

southern muppet said:
They will last longer with policies such as this. It's a vote winner.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Benefits that are paid should be replaced by a voucher system. These vouchers should only be redeemable at government run establishments, where they can be used to buy good basic foodstuff and clothes, in the case of child benefit children's sizes only. No cigarettes or alcohol would be handed out in these centres. People who didn't actually need child benefit would possibly be discouraged from using such a system.
This benefit way of life as got to stop it as ruined the country and is stifling its recovery.

While you are it make claimants wear a sign, perhaps a 5 pointed star crudely sewn on their clothing.

southern muppet said:
de niro said:
southern muppet said:

It's a big jump from not even being democratically elected by a majority to winning 3 or 4 consecutive terms (presumably with a majority).

Measures which are for the most part just designed to deceive and manipulate figures as a quick fix to get them re-elected, won't even work for one more term in 2015.
The coalition was though with the a majority of the popular vote (something Labour never had under Blair/Brown), so stop talking rubbish.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:25 pm --<br /><br />
denislawsbackheel said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Benefits that are paid should be replaced by a voucher system. These vouchers should only be redeemable at government run establishments, where they can be used to buy good basic foodstuff and clothes, in the case of child benefit children's sizes only. No cigarettes or alcohol would be handed out in these centres. People who didn't actually need child benefit would possibly be discouraged from using such a system.
This benefit way of life as got to stop it as ruined the country and is stifling its recovery.

While you are it make claimants wear a sign, perhaps a 5 pointed star crudely sewn on their clothing.
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law</a>

denislawsbackheel said:
What dickhead could think the coalition was elected?

You calling me a dickhead? Big and hard of you on here, now grow up.

And in what way was it not? Were you unaware of all the hype pre-election about what would happen in the event of no overall majority? Were you not aware lots of countries make coalitions to form governments? Did you not realise the process was the same in the UK? The media certainly went through the possible scenarios at length and the electorate were made aware of this. Were you living under a stone? Were you unaware of Clegg's comments regarding which party he would speak to first in that event (the one that polled the most votes)? They were widely reported. Perhaps you were too busy foaming about Thatcher down the social club to have noticed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.