Cameron suggests cutting housing benefit

SWP's back said:
Mikecini said:
As for 'some numpty' in reference to Thatcher he is spot on. It was either poorly drafted legislation or Tory foresight take your pick. As for the former the legislation allowed for the sale of social housing
A wonderful piece of legislation that empowered a generation.

Which generation would that be?? It did little, if anything for the next.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:19 pm --<br /><br />
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Skashion said:
Vagivoovoo said:
There's no jobs and all the shit ones are taken by the constant stream of Europeans coming into the Country.

Sad that we only have two choices to vote for as they are both cunts.
The BNP and UKIP don't have candidates in my area so I don't even bother.

There are massive differences between the BNP and UKIP.
The biggest being the spelling.

Chuckle.

Just as ordinary people are waking up to how the wealthiest in society are using ever more elaborate schemes to avoid paying tax, which by the way costs this Country more money than people on housing benefit ever have or ever will, out comes millionaire Toff Dave Cameron to demonize people on welfare yet again. Coincidence? No, more like the old divide and rule tactic. Whilst the rich are getting richer at the expense of everybody else, the rest of us are too busy turning on eachother. People need to wake up!!

The war against young people is continuing, it's an absolute disgrace. Older people should not be so smug about this because the Tories want us to move away from a state welfare model to a family welfare model and it's the older people in society that will in the end have to pay up because young people will be forced to rely on them more and more.

Read this article:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/blogs/nick-cohen/2012/june/the-war-against-the-young" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/ ... -the-young</a>

By targeting young people but continuing to support pensioners through all their entitlements, we are witnessing the biggest transfer of wealth from young to old this Country has ever seen. Older people had free higher education, fantastic job opportunities, easy access to cheap homes, access to a full welfare state and now are reaping the rewards through high house prices, secure jobs, good pensions and endless pension entitlements. Young people now will never experience these things. This is a very divided society and Cameron and his ill thought out policies will make it worse. As Nick Cohen says: 'Young people are our future, old people are our burden'.

Lucky13 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Lucky13 said:
Jobs are offered to those applying for them.

You clearly know nothing about the benefits system , if you have a low paid job you will receive working and child tax credits which will boost your wage , in addition you will receive help with your rent and Council Tax.
Yes hence the low paid job comment.

The help with rent and council tax......Insist that housing benefit?

Yes, lad I worked with ( we we're both on minimum wage ) got working and child tax credits and his rent paid, i'm not sure exactly what percentage of his Council Tax was paid , altogether it was worth over double what his wage was , anyone saying it ain't worth working just means they don't want to.

As for single under 25's Corky I aint sure about help for rent and council tax , presuming you mean living in their own place.

Interesting point here is the minimum wage too low then?

I believe it's well known that both the Conservatives and Labour only have to fight for seats in the South. The North, Scotland and Wales are sewn up. This will be a vote winner in the South. Most Northerners (right wingers up here and those who earn a decent crust aside) and Jocks and the Welsh won't like it - but Cameron couldn't give a fuck about their votes as they are lost anyway.

Maybe the fucker should have kicked up a bigger stink when Vodafone were let off with £6bn in tax! No, that's not going to happen is it. Always go for the easy targets, and Southern vote winners.

malg said:
I believe it's well known that both the Conservatives and Labour only have to fight for seats in the South. The North, Scotland and Wales are sewn up. This will be a vote winner in the South. Most Northerners (right wingers up here and those who earn a decent crust aside) and Jocks and the Welsh won't like it - but Cameron couldn't give a fuck about their votes as they are lost anyway.

Maybe the fucker should have kicked up a bigger stink when Vodafone were let off with £6bn in tax! No, that's not going to happen is it. Always go for the easy targets, and Southern vote winners.

That is pretty messed up.

Mikecini said:
Lucky13 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Yes hence the low paid job comment.

The help with rent and council tax......Insist that housing benefit?

Yes, lad I worked with ( we we're both on minimum wage ) got working and child tax credits and his rent paid, i'm not sure exactly what percentage of his Council Tax was paid , altogether it was worth over double what his wage was , anyone saying it ain't worth working just means they don't want to.

As for single under 25's Corky I aint sure about help for rent and council tax , presuming you mean living in their own place.

Interesting point here is the minimum wage too low then?

There's a good argument for that, if including all your minimum wage and benefits you receive @£400 a week , before tax you'd have to earn @£520 ,. you just can't see a Government implementing that as a minimum wage.

intheknow! said:
Just as ordinary people are waking up to how the wealthiest in society are using ever more elaborate schemes to avoid paying tax, which by the way costs this Country more money than people on housing benefit ever have or ever will, out comes millionaire Toff Dave Cameron to demonize people on welfare yet again. Coincidence? No, more like the old divide and rule tactic. Whilst the rich are getting richer at the expense of everybody else, the rest of us are too busy turning on each other. People need to wake up!!

The war against young people is continuing, it's an absolute disgrace. Older people should not be so smug about this because the Tories want us to move away from a state welfare model to a family welfare model and it's the older people in society that will in the end have to pay up because young people will be forced to rely on them more and more.

Read this article:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/blogs/nick-cohen/2012/june/the-war-against-the-young" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/ ... -the-young</a>

By targeting young people but continuing to support pensioners through all their entitlements, we are witnessing the biggest transfer of wealth from young to old this Country has ever seen. Older people had free higher education, fantastic job opportunities, easy access to cheap homes, access to a full welfare state and now are reaping the rewards through high house prices, secure jobs, good pensions and endless pension entitlements. Young people now will never experience these things. This is a very divided society and Cameron and his ill thought out policies will make it worse. As Nick Cohen says: 'Young people are our future, old people are our burden'.

Which old people should we 'dispose' of first? The ones who fought in the world wars? Or the ones who worked all their lives and are now retired, waste of space those twats. /sarcasm

Gonna be interested to see the impact this has working in this field.

Generally speaking, I see a few under 25s who do work but are on a low income who do claim but there aren't many, not single people anyway.

If they are in a couple the applicable amount increases (basically the amount the government says you need to live on) and if there's kids then even more so. There will be some people in this situation affected. Child and Working Tax Credits are included as income but if they are on a low earned income topped up by this you may see a few claiming this because of the high applicable amount (which increases with every child born).

There's gonna be a lot of Single Mums in a situation now that's for sure.

One thing I will be interested to see is if there's a situation whereby there's a couple, one over 25 and one under, whether they will allow claims in the name of the person over 25.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.