Camping YES or NO

Personally I hate it.

If going to do it, get a tent you can stand up in and take camp beds with you, not those blow up shitty things.

I slept in one of those two man tents and felt like I was in a coffin in the middle of the night when I couldn’t sleep. Had to get out of it and sit outside.

Last edited:
I hate camping and forced to do it in my teenage years.

My last time was I remember being made to go over Wasdalehead, Great Gable and then Scafell pike in the Lake District with 20 oher lads. Then make camp and we had to put the fooking thing up.

Absolutely knackered and then a 10 mile hike back to Wastwater the next morning. I've never been camping since I absolutely hated every minute of it.

Now its 4* hotels all the way.

Thinking of getting a tent and going camping with the wife and dog, is it a YES or NO, can anyone recommend any camping sites in the UK, dog friendly...Still undecided so hoping this thread will help :)
Can’t you just stay at home and play tents in bed? Loads of room when I do!*

*not really

No, cant do with being woken up at 5am by the birds or other twats nearby snoring and farting, however all of these can be combated by drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. Did camping a few times when I was younger and at a few festivals/motor sports events, but its an absolute last resort.

Im sure some people love it (mostly swingers and naturists) but not for me.

Lots of camping horror stories and tales of long wet weekends in Wales. If you are going to do it at least plan for success and go somewhere where the weather will be good.

We spend 5-6 weeks camping in south of France over the summer, with a few nights in hotels and air bnbs thrown in to break it up as we travel around. We couldn’t afford that length of holiday exclusively staying in hotels or on a package holiday. Get the right gear, pick the right spot and it’s great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.