Camping YES or NO

Unless you are camping completely off piste in the arse end of nowhere to experience all that nature has to offer, camping on a site can be more expensive than a hotel room.
I think they're about $40 or $50 a night here. That's about 23 quid for a powered site.
A lot of sites are free though with basic amenities.

No.
Tried it once, in Wales, never again.
I'm never sleeping in a field ever again. I'd rather stay at home with all my comforts than go away in a tent.
If people like it good for them.
Yeah, I went camping just the once to North Wales. And then I went camping in western France. Even the camp site in France has never tempted me to make a third trip. I can put up a gazebo and awning for the grand kids but then retire when a comfy bed calls. I limit my 'camping' these days to a hotel room and buffet breakfast - no competition.

I think they're about $40 or $50 a night here. That's about 23 quid for a powered site.

Glamping is the new black over here mate, people like to camp but not really camp.

Throw the kitchen sink into the converted 4 tonner and tell their friends they are going back to nature for a week ;)

wtf.gif

Unless you are camping completely off piste in the arse end of nowhere to experience all that nature has to offer, camping on a site can be more expensive than a hotel room.
Really? Dont think ive ever spent more than £25 for a night on a camp site...with hookup. Unless you only use really shit hotels :-)

Thinking of getting a tent and going camping with the wife and dog, is it a YES or NO, can anyone recommend any camping sites in the UK, dog friendly...Still undecided so hoping this thread will help :)

Anywhere in particular you want to go? Always worth a look on pitchup and reading the reviews.

I’m camping this weekend near Scarborough as going to see Pulp in the open air theatre on Sunday. 4 of us, 40 quid for two nights rather than the 500 quid we could find a hotel in Scarborough for!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.