Camping YES or NO

The gf and I went to shell island in wales last week. We had a laugh. Had never been camping before but would definitely go again
d6ee8e680f0f30cd36878bd528ce7528.jpg

9751278dff45f14e4d213a6e9c088733.jpg

Love the idea of camping, but hate the reality of it.

If done right, in the right spot, it can be great. Real peace, isolation, grafting to earn that grub at the end of the day. Bit of a BBQ and cans with friends, perfect.

But when you rock up to your pitch and you've got Nobbo and Gobbo from Toxteth next door, on it from 11am and playing crap music until they get kicked off site, it loses its appeal quickly.

First time I went with mates our tent collapsed and we got wet. Second time I woke up with gut rot and took a shit in the field, I farted later to ease the stomach ache and followed through. Puddle of cack in my pants. The thought of being outdoors, campfire, bbq, under the stars seems great but i prefer my couch, beer, cigarettes and telly. People here love it, not for me.

Some Retired people in Oz become grey nomads, sell the house and buy a big fuck off RV or caravan and just drive round Australia all year.
It's 15,000 kilometers once round with vast areas completely empty of people and towns.
Like 99% of things I know about Australia, I learned about this from an episode of Bluey.

Enjoy camping as the family as got older I think having an air tent as helped and made it alot easier going away for the weekend with the dog as normally we'd have to put dog in kennel or search the internet for availability on dog friendly hotels.

some great dog friendly camping around Derbyshire. We go there as its not to far to get back if the weather is shit.

last weekend we were at lime trees near buxton quite basic but 20 minute walk to buxton and buxton brewery was around the corner. Last year went to edale think it was called newbold farm. cafe and shop on site. pubs close buy and nice walk mam tor.

Wifey Seems to have lost the adventures spirit post covid and new grandchild on the horizon.

My mate from Stalybridge is doing it now.
He's done the red bit just the green bit to go which is still 4000 kilometers left to do.

View attachment 85620
I remember you first mentioning this. It sounded awesome. Weren't you going to do it the other way round ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.