Camping YES or NO

Wifey Seems to have lost the adventures spirit post covid and new grandchild on the horizon.

My mate from Stalybridge is doing it now.
He's done the red bit just the green bit to go which is still 4000 kilometers left to do.

View attachment 85620
Used to love camping, unfortunately due to the effects of ageing I've had to hang up my boots. Things that came with the growth in popularity were high prices and some of the people who took to camping made for a not very enjoyable time. We had many good holidays in Belgium, Germany, Switzerland & especially France. Most towns and larger villages in France have municipal campsites, facilities are usually very good and prices are cheap. You don't normally have to pre book, just arrive & pay. We used to love moving from town to town taking in the local scenery & culture. We first went to visit the graves of great uncles, sadly lost during the Great War, a very humbling experience. If you ever fancy camping in that area, try a trip following the rivers Marne or Meuse, stunning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.