Can Rob Handle Being The Only Brazilian At The Club?

In my opinion and am certainly not an ITK i feel Robbie will not be a city player come August.

There are a couple of reasons why i think this. Firstly i don't think that he is what we know as a hughes type player, in the sense of not a true grafter and can often go missing in games. Secondly he often seems to be surrounded by bad press, such as the allegations, leaving without permission and most damaging to his future at city having to explain that he doesn't have issue the Hughes on a regular basis during the midlle of the season.

This being said i am fully aware he has bagged 14 goals in his first season and is undoubtedly talented as we have all seen on occassion this season. I am of the belief though that a manager with so much at stake next season to perfom and deliver would not want to be dealing with theses kind of issues, to be honest if my job was on the line and had the same things to deal neither would i. The club are a season into a mass branding excercise and can do without any future destabilising side show publicity, i feel that we are embarking on a no-one is bigger than myself and the club fergiescum hard line route now and i for one am all for it.

I would be sad to see him go in one sense but with the players that we are going after all seem to posses skill and graft which is a fantastic combination to have in your locker, i do not feel that we would miss him.

This is as stated my opinion.

Just because we are linked with players of the same standard, does not mean we are going to get them

we need more world class players, not to let one go, it would be a step backwards

he is the best player we have ever had at the club

and i also dont get why people know what a "hughes type player" is, all season he has harped on about how good Robinho is, and how key he has been in matches, he has been desperate for him to come back from injury any time he has been out, and has always been back in the first 11 every time he has come back

it is easy to let imaginations run wild regarding Robinho because of all the media shit surrounding him, but he doesnt want to leave, and im sure we dont want him to leave, and im sure nobody could afford him, so why would we make a loss on him

just because we are linked with these players like etoo and tevez, unlikely but we could end up with nobody of that standard, so we need to realise that we have one of the best players around, and not count our chickens and think he needs us more than we need him, i think he will be key next season

cooky's_overbite said:
In my opinion and am certainly not an ITK i feel Robbie will not be a city player come August.

There are a couple of reasons why i think this. Firstly i don't think that he is what we know as a hughes type player, in the sense of not a true grafter and can often go missing in games. Secondly he often seems to be surrounded by bad press, such as the allegations, leaving without permission and most damaging to his future at city having to explain that he doesn't have issue the Hughes on a regular basis during the midlle of the season.

This being said i am fully aware he has bagged 14 goals in his first season and is undoubtedly talented as we have all seen on occassion this season. I am of the belief though that a manager with so much at stake next season to perfom and deliver would not want to be dealing with theses kind of issues, to be honest if my job was on the line and had the same things to deal neither would i. The club are a season into a mass branding excercise and can do without any future destabilising side show publicity, i feel that we are embarking on a no-one is bigger than myself and the club fergiescum hard line route now and i for one am all for it.

I would be sad to see him go in one sense but with the players that we are going after all seem to posses skill and graft which is a fantastic combination to have in your locker, i do not feel that we would miss him.

Some valid points but bad publicity aside Robinho is currently our only real selling point as I said earlier. Also Hughes has to get over his obsession with grafters if we're to see more world class talent at City, Kaka, Messi et al work no more or less than Rob.

TheMightyQuinn said:
cooky's_overbite said:

Some valid points but bad publicity aside Robinho is currently our only real selling point as I said earlier. Also Hughes has to get over his obsession with grafters if we're to see more world class talent at City, Kaka, Messi et al work no more or less than Rob.

If you read what i put, grafters with skill not just grafters as that would be a step backwards and having watched kak and Messi play over the years they can actually put a tackle in and track back properly not a canter.

I also believe there is a good chance Robinho will go in the summer.

And if we got quality in, as it looks like we will, it might not be a disaster.

Let me explain.

He is undoubtedly a quality player, had great vision and is a good finisher.

But he brings problems with him and they have been glaringly obvious at times this year:

He restricts the formation - to get the best from him you must play the 4-3-3 we have been playing. This is not SWP's best formation and also not the formation for "second" strikers like Bellamy or, dare I say it, Tevez.

He slows play up. Whilst he does wonderful things on the ball, he is not a "pass and move" player. He receives the ball, holds it and slows the momentum of the move. Again this is why SWP had played better without Robinho in the team - it also nullifies out overlapping fullbacks a bit and also the runs of clever forwards like Bellamy.

Worst of all, because of the above, he does concede possession quite a lot when he is muscled off the ball. you can't be a top 4 team if you cannot keep the ball.

It won't be the end of the world if he goes.

Didsbury Dave said:

Let me explain.

But he brings problems with him and they have been glaringly obvious at times this year:

He restricts the formation - to get the best from him you must play the 4-3-3 we have been playing. This is not SWP's best formation and also not the formation for "second" strikers like Bellamy or, dare I say it, Tevez.

He slows play up. Whilst he does wonderful things on the ball, he is not a "pass and move" player. He receives the ball, holds it and slows the momentum of the move. Again this is why SWP had played better without Robinho in the team - it also nullifies out overlapping fullbacks a bit and also the runs of clever forwards like Bellamy.

Worst of all, because of the above, he does concede possession quite a lot when he is muscled off the ball. you can't be a top 4 team if you cannot keep the ball.

Here, here 100% agree...........

geek said:
said from the start if we lose elano, robiniho wont be far behind him!

think hughes should swallow his pride and just get on with elano, he's quality and was touted as the start of the new Brazil!

i personaly not in any group hughes in or out! for me he still has to prove himself..

i just think he lacks the man management aspect to the job, and will strugle with quality players.

i don't see elano becoming a prick over a season he played fantasic under sven, if sven could get the best out of him why can't hughes?

Sigh...

What is it about some people that makes them utterly forget that Sven's 'season' ended in January and that Elano was shite from then on along with most of the other team?

If you honestly go through the first team we have at the moment (assuming everyone is fit) then Elano is just not in it. Yes he shows flashes of brilliance, Hamburg was great for example, but he is too inconsistant to be a first team regular. With the signings we'll make this season he'll slip further down the pecking order.

Frankly I can't see him being any more than a squad player for any of the top 6 teams in the prem or the top 5 Italian, German or Spanish teams. If he moves for first team football it will be a move down not a move up or sideways.

I agree with most of that about Elano and will not be gutted when he goes as he can only play properly in Ireland's role and cannot tackle.

I actually think he'll look a top class player in a slower, less physical league. Maybe even Italy.

Didsbury Dave said:

Let me explain.

quality player who creates timeon the ball! gets caught sometimes yes, but ask yourself, where would we have been without his goals this season! so your post is nonsense and he is a must keep

qul

Corect Sir.

Give Robbie the ball and he stops. Allowing the opposing team to suround him, get players back and in the process slowing down our attack. Want an example. Give the ball to the one trick pony, and he's off, with all his team mates chasing him and charging forward. If only Robbie could get the ball and constantly run with it without stopping. Phew! Would I sell him? No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.