Can we cut Edin a break?

He's a funny one is Edin. His touch isn't great and you wouldn't put your mortgage on him in a 1-on-1 situation but he's a trier and does pop up with crucial goals. And every now and again he manages to do enough to think he's worth persevering with.

I don't think he's quite good enough for a team that has pretensions to be among the best in Europe but until we find someone who is then he'll probably do.

I like dzeko he is a good lad and a good player but could you people stop with the service shit,any striker could score goals if they would get ''the service''(tap ins).The thing with edin is that the premier league does not suit him.I bet if he goes to any other league he will start getting 25 a season but not here.

Prestwich_Blue said:
He's a funny one is Edin. His touch isn't great and you wouldn't put your mortgage on him in a 1-on-1 situation but he's a trier and does pop up with crucial goals. And every now and again he manages to do enough to think he's worth persevering with.

I don't think he's quite good enough for a team that has pretensions to be among the best in Europe but until we find someone who is then he'll probably do.

i would trust him with my money more than mario......theres a reason there

Edin is our Andy Carroll (except he does actually score). Despite playing in a team that doesn't play to his strengths (not saying we should) he's scored 2 goals in 3 games. For most fans that would be good enough but not on Bluemoon. Hate to suggest it, but if he played for the rags he'd get 20+ goals a season.

BigED10Dzekson said:
ban-mcfc said:
Danielmanc said:
Love how you've 'had enough' on the day he scores one with one assist - he wins the game for us and you've 'had enough'. Joke.
Assist? He was smashing it wide and tevez stuck out a leg, the guy carnt pass and his first touch is shite.

Imo hes not good enough

You r a strange person, so bad and unreal. Dzeko had 7 assists last season. in the 1. game against qpr he was motm. he scored and do you remember the asist to silva. to compare baloteli had one asist the hole season. so skills or no skills dzeko brings what counts.
In what way do you count..

ban-mcfc said:
Sorry but ive backed him since hes joined but ive had enough now, the guy scores tap ins yes whch is good, but his general play with the ball at his feet and first touch is dire.

Not as bad as kolarov though, now hes turd.

His first touch is normally dire I agree, but I sit 4 rows from the front and I saw him not kill an 80 yard clearance ball but kind of caress it and was in total control of it, I saw the same thing when he'd played only 2/3 mins for us, so have always been a believer in him. He blows so hot and cold it's very frustrating, 1 day he looks like a donkey and the next he's unplayable! If only he could become a squad player and do the business when called upon like Milner or Zabba!

Why do people keep talking about style of play? If you want to win more championships you have to be able to score in many different ways..How is getting more Aguero types going to help against teams like Real Madrid who can actual defend ground game?..It's mind boggling how some people think in such a simple manner. I have a feeling some eat a lot of popcorn during games and when a player screws up (which pretty much every players does) they register that and it sticks as the way he played for the entire game...Otherwise i dont get how so many different people can have opposite views on how someone did during the game. Yes every player screws up, at times multiple times, as long as they contribute to the scoreboard i couldn't care less how they do it. If you want to see some nice moves without goals and wins go watch Arsenal.

I personally like him and think that he does get a lot of unfair treatment on here. He's not on of these players that are happy sitting on the bench, he's a grafter and I love that.

I reckon he's a confidence player who's low on confidence, it's as simple as that. Just look at how he started last season... Every time he got the ball he looked threatening, his touch was fantastic and he was enjoying it. If people have doubts about his ability then look at the first few games of last season, he looks like a completely different player in those videos.

I think if he keeps scoring his confidence will slowly but surely come back and he'll become a great asset to the team again. I just think people need to get off his back and support the lad.

Now that Edin is coming into form there are a couple of lessons to be learned from last season.

1) DO NOT drop him for Stoke. He is a confidence player and his performances are getting better and better.

2) If he starts at least 25 league games this year, I feel he will put at least 20 goals away. How many other strikers can you say that for?

3) The more confident he is, the better on the ball he will look. When you are trying to hard to impress, nearly everyone in any profession - typically sees performance drop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.