Can we cut Edin a break?

CityCTID said:
This Edin's thread not Mario!

We bought a dud for 27m, he's rubbish. Period!
Way to avoid the question, has the reality of how stupid that post was finally hit you?

CityCTID said:
This Edin's thread not Mario!

We bought a dud for 27m, he's rubbish. Period!

he would have had a hat-trick today if it wasn't for a few poor passing decisions from a few players and this comment would never have been typed.....

stimo said:
played well today, critisism is unnessesary. some fans are acting like spoilt fucking children, give him a break.

uesd to know a stimo your not jason are you / jimmys bro?

Neither Aguero or Tevez are likely to out jump a couple of 6ft plus defenders to score a header. Therefore to allow us the option, we need a player that can.

Having such a player increases our chances of scoring as he increases the types of goals we can score. Unfortunately for Edin, it is rare that we try and score headers (except from set pieces) and therefore he is struggling. Even when we do try like today we seldom deliver a decent ball.

I believe that it is not Edin that is the issue but instead the lack us service he gets. We need to have options for goals as we can't always walk the ball into the net. If we get rid of him we will still need a player that can offer us a plan B and when we get him we still need to give him the correct service. So rather than just get rid, we should first try giving him better service and if he still struggles then yes get rid.

That said, I thought he did ok today.

LoveCity said:
Considering he is so incompatible with our system he isn't doing too badly. Honestly at most clubs he'd probably be told to always stay in the box and wait for crosses as he is technically average but has good instincts in the box. Some of his passes and first touches are incredibly poor but he keeps popping up with goals. Wonder if he will benefit from Sinclair.

+1. He is frustrating that's for sure at times, the chance he missed (I know it was offside but still) and the shot Tevez turned in were examples, but he gets goals and it's not a set up that plays to his strengths really as you say.

That being said, he is capable of the sublime with his feet, like his goal at Spurs from outside the box last season and the one for Bosnia in Paris.

I really hope he has a good future with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.