Can we make BERRRR NAARRRR DOOOOO our next captain please?

Rodri. All day every day and twice on Sundays!

The level of disrespect shown to his on-field performances and leadership qualities is a disgrace to football.

To honestly believe he wasn’t Ballon D’Or in 2023 or even in the running for POTY is an absolute joke!

Here is the list of Premier League Player of the Season winners for the last five years:

2023/24: Phil Foden (Manchester City)
2022/23: Erling Haaland (Manchester City)
2021/22: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
2020/21: Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
2019/20: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)

City players have won the Premier League Player of the Season award for the past five consecutive seasons and Kevin De Bruyne is the only player to win it twice during this period, in 2019/20 and 2021/22.

Rodri joined Manchester City on July 4, 2019, so I’ll gladly accept he shouldn’t have won it in 2019-20, but since then?

Seriously!

He is the best player in the best team in the world. He went over 70 games without losing (breaking his streak in the last game he played!). He scored the winning goal in the CL Final last year and won MOTM, besting that in the Club World Cup with a Winners Medal and Player of the Tournament Trophy.

He is already part of the Captains Club and, were KDB and KW not his elders, would surely be the Captain already.

I’m on record saying I don’t think KW should be our Captain, but that’s the players call. However, I think Rodri would be the strongest and best Captain since Vinny left, and would fill that void in a manner similar to him.

Last edited:
Leaders are leaders. An armband doesn’t make a foot soldier a leader. And a lack of an armband doesn’t reduce a leaders influence.

It’s not cricket where the captain makes crucial tactical decisions. He tosses up and does a few interviews.

If the players are happy with whoever they pick, it’s good with me.

How about Jack? The team spirit seems very good at City at the moment, but if he was in charge of 'nights out' (I guess that's the captains job?) Surely it could only get better ! I would add though that a good few days before a Cup Final(!!??) should be out of bounds for such events.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.