can we see some youth please

Iheanacho is the real deal, needs to start playing now. Lopes next season as well. I think the lack of first team experience has stunted the growth of a lot of our promising talent over the last 5 years, Players like Guidetti and Weiss were good for their age and would have ended up as better footballers had we given them a chance with the first team. They may not have set the world on fire and may have caused a lot of frustration early on but it would eventually pay off. I'd imagine this will be the case with the new generation

dasblues said:
Gaudion M said:
Balance is the key. You can’t keep 20+ senior players happy all season as 4 or 5 are going to see little football. If you hang on to experienced senior players just to make up the numbers they are bound to get disillusioned and not to mention rusty. 11 seniors and 11 youth players gives you maximum incentive and competition as the young kids will fight really hard for the place and wouldn’t mind the reserve / youth games to keep in form but they will lack the experience and it would show.

The ideal set up (ignoring goalkeepers) for me is circa 16 senior players and a further 4 youth players (up to say 22 age group). That gives you two for every position but also the right mix of youth players where they will realistically get a decent run through the season.

The fact they have to be good enough goes without saying, I’d have Denayer and Lopes in next year as they are ready, I’d leave out Rekik as IMO Denayer is the better of the two and you don’t want two youth players fighting for the same spot. Maybe Kelechi, Angelino and Barker would step up next year but they could all do with a loan move first. I can see us having a couple of EDS lads around the first team over the coming years and it will be a massive boost to the club.

Spot on, and I'm thinking that we will see this next year

Genuine question. For those that are saying these players are ready now or the real deal, what is that based on?

mosssideblue said:
dasblues said:
Gaudion M said:
Balance is the key. You can’t keep 20+ senior players happy all season as 4 or 5 are going to see little football. If you hang on to experienced senior players just to make up the numbers they are bound to get disillusioned and not to mention rusty. 11 seniors and 11 youth players gives you maximum incentive and competition as the young kids will fight really hard for the place and wouldn’t mind the reserve / youth games to keep in form but they will lack the experience and it would show.

The ideal set up (ignoring goalkeepers) for me is circa 16 senior players and a further 4 youth players (up to say 22 age group). That gives you two for every position but also the right mix of youth players where they will realistically get a decent run through the season.

The fact they have to be good enough goes without saying, I’d have Denayer and Lopes in next year as they are ready, I’d leave out Rekik as IMO Denayer is the better of the two and you don’t want two youth players fighting for the same spot. Maybe Kelechi, Angelino and Barker would step up next year but they could all do with a loan move first. I can see us having a couple of EDS lads around the first team over the coming years and it will be a massive boost to the club.

Genuine question. For those that are saying these players are ready now or the real deal, what is that based on?

Have a quick look at the Denayer thread, there are a few Celtic fans who have posted and links to their forum where the consensus is that he is one of the best young defenders who has ever played for them. On the strength of this I have watched a few Celtic games this season and he is the real deal - he is the pick of the bunch and has massive potential. Lopes has looked a real handful at Lille and Rekik has won the Dutch league both also have great potential. Not saying they are bang on first team material but that is about as good a background as you can get for young players. You could send them out on loan to the premier league but in reality other PL clubs have no interest in developing players for us - they'd only take them and play them if it was in their interest which is a bit of a long shot.

You will never get guaranteed top quality 1st team talent - every one will be a risk but it is worth it. Young players doing well would give the whole squad a boost. Big bloated squads are counterproductive you need to keep things fresh so balancing the numbers is key. And the biggest risk is you have a worldy and you let them slip away, Pogba is the classic example of failing to use the best of your youth players. What if Barca had signed some journey man instead of promoting Messi as a teenager! You have to create the environment where it is possible.

Gaudion M said:
mosssideblue said:
dasblues said:

Have a quick look at the Denayer thread, there are a few Celtic fans who have posted and links to their forum where the consensus is that he is one of the best young defenders who has ever played for them. On the strength of this I have watched a few Celtic games this season and he is the real deal - he is the pick of the bunch and has massive potential. Lopes has looked a real handful at Lille and Rekik has won the Dutch league both also have great potential. Not saying they are bang on first team material but that is about as good a background as you can get for young players. You could send them out on loan to the premier league but in reality other PL clubs have no interest in developing players for us - they'd only take them and play them if it was in their interest which is a bit of a long shot.

You will never get guaranteed top quality 1st team talent - every one will be a risk but it is worth it. Young players doing well would give the whole squad a boost. Big bloated squads are counterproductive you need to keep things fresh so balancing the numbers is key. And the biggest risk is you have a worldy and you let them slip away, Pogba is the classic example of failing to use the best of your youth players. What if Barca had signed some journey man instead of promoting Messi as a teenager! You have to create the environment where it is possible.

I am going to suggest "Gaudion M" as our next manager. Good stuff!.

Today is why we should have a couple of our youngsters on the bench. 5-0 up, 20 mins to go, if you can't put them on then, you never can.

Dicko69 said:
Today is why we should have a couple of our youngsters on the bench. 5-0 up, 20 mins to go, if you can't put them on then, you never can.

no we shouldn't we will lose according to some on here. We've got players who dont give shit about us and are going to leave. We are playing the worst team in the league and couldn't find room for one young player. Under pellegrini we are never going to bring anyone through

spanishblue said:
Fukin non again today really pissed off
Take a step back for a moment and and think to yourself that our best prospects all played in a really hard game on Friday night, and are needed on Tuesday night for another game

Our under 16s had to play as our under 18s yesterday at Chelsea

squirtyflower said:
spanishblue said:
Fukin non again today really pissed off
Take a step back for a moment and and think to yourself that our best prospects all played in a really hard game on Friday night, and are needed on Tuesday night for another game

Our under 16s had to play as our under 18s yesterday at Chelsea

Yeah not really too concerned about it today; scheduling conflicts and all that.

Mind you, if we had a few full time members of the first team squad under the age of 21 rather than sticking them in France of Scotland then there wouldn't have been any conflicts ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.