can we see some youth please

mosssideblue said:
spanishblue said:
Homegrown players are a must, if we are to become a club like Barca, they give a shit about the shirt and fans are willing to go the extra mile

A little flawed in that they may be able to run all day and give a shit, but if they don't have the necessary skills, it will lead to nothing

So no youth for you then :-)

What a waste of 200 mill we could have bought Messi

spanishblue said:
mosssideblue said:
spanishblue said:
Homegrown players are a must, if we are to become a club like Barca, they give a shit about the shirt and fans are willing to go the extra mile

A little flawed in that they may be able to run all day and give a shit, but if they don't have the necessary skills, it will lead to nothing

Does my post say that? no.

mosssideblue said:
spanishblue said:
mosssideblue said:

you are never going to see if you don't try them even if a player showing some signs in the youth team then next step must be into the first team forget loaning him out to a championship team give him the chance at man city with better players around him what can go wrong

It must start next season the youth team got to the fa cup final the EDS have got to the final
they must be 3 or 4 of them ready to train with the first team and have 1 or 2 on the bench forget this crap about winning silverware and there is nothing better in the youth setup YES THERE IS

when £200million is spent on building a youth setup it must have youth players in and around the first team squad if its only to inspire the rest coming in

ancoats said:
mosssideblue said:
spanishblue said:

you are never going to see if you don't try them even if a player showing some signs in the youth team then next step must be into the first team forget loaning him out to a championship team give him the chance at man city with better players around him what can go wrong

It must start next season the youth team got to the fa cup final the EDS have got to the final
they must be 3 or 4 of them ready to train with the first team and have 1 or 2 on the bench forget this crap about winning silverware and there is nothing better in the youth setup YES THERE IS

when £200million is spent on building a youth setup it must have youth players in and around the first team squad if its only to inspire the rest coming in

Lots. A mistake leading to us losing points while the Chelsea cyborgs grind out another 3 points. A mistake leading some sections of the crowd to get on a players back, or the player to lost confidence.

Loan them out to other Prem clubs, let them learn and make mistakes there, it's the same level we play at, just without the risk to us. If they look really good recall them & give them a go. Don't just throw an EDS lad into a first team City game (unless we're already 3 or 4 up against someone shit).

ancoats said:
mosssideblue said:
spanishblue said:

When £200 mill is spent results are expected years down the line not with 6-12 months of opening. Even then most players will go out on loan before stepping up to our first team. The step up is way too much for most if not all young players.

Jack Wills said:
ancoats said:
mosssideblue said:

Lots. A mistake leading to us losing points while the Chelsea cyborgs grind out another 3 points. A mistake leading some sections of the crowd to get on a players back, or the player to lost confidence.

Loan them out to other Prem clubs, let them learn and make mistakes there, it's the same level we play at, just without the risk to us. If they look really good recall them & give them a go. Don't just throw an EDS lad into a first team City game (unless we're already 3 or 4 up against someone shit).

the championship is miles away from the premier league and I would say even more sections of the crowd would jump all over the kid at championship club the season man city have had there is not much to play for now 5 points clear of united 3 games to play 2 home 1 away why not have 2 or 3 of them on the bench

also why not have the EDS youth teams warm up on match days at the Etihad just to soak up the atmosphere on match days

Balance is the key. You can’t keep 20+ senior players happy all season as 4 or 5 are going to see little football. If you hang on to experienced senior players just to make up the numbers they are bound to get disillusioned and not to mention rusty. 11 seniors and 11 youth players gives you maximum incentive and competition as the young kids will fight really hard for the place and wouldn’t mind the reserve / youth games to keep in form but they will lack the experience and it would show.

The ideal set up (ignoring goalkeepers) for me is circa 16 senior players and a further 4 youth players (up to say 22 age group). That gives you two for every position but also the right mix of youth players where they will realistically get a decent run through the season.

The fact they have to be good enough goes without saying, I’d have Denayer and Lopes in next year as they are ready, I’d leave out Rekik as IMO Denayer is the better of the two and you don’t want two youth players fighting for the same spot. Maybe Kelechi, Angelino and Barker would step up next year but they could all do with a loan move first. I can see us having a couple of EDS lads around the first team over the coming years and it will be a massive boost to the club.

Gaudion M said:
Balance is the key. You can’t keep 20+ senior players happy all season as 4 or 5 are going to see little football. If you hang on to experienced senior players just to make up the numbers they are bound to get disillusioned and not to mention rusty. 11 seniors and 11 youth players gives you maximum incentive and competition as the young kids will fight really hard for the place and wouldn’t mind the reserve / youth games to keep in form but they will lack the experience and it would show.

The ideal set up (ignoring goalkeepers) for me is circa 16 senior players and a further 4 youth players (up to say 22 age group). That gives you two for every position but also the right mix of youth players where they will realistically get a decent run through the season.

The fact they have to be good enough goes without saying, I’d have Denayer and Lopes in next year as they are ready, I’d leave out Rekik as IMO Denayer is the better of the two and you don’t want two youth players fighting for the same spot. Maybe Kelechi, Angelino and Barker would step up next year but they could all do with a loan move first. I can see us having a couple of EDS lads around the first team over the coming years and it will be a massive boost to the club.

Spot on, and I'm thinking that we will see this next year

dasblues said:
Gaudion M said:

Spot on, and I'm thinking that we will see this next year
I would make Kelechi a definite rather than a maybe and I think at this moment in time at least, Maffeo would be more likely than Angelino or Barker.

mosssideblue said:
spanishblue said:
mosssideblue said:

It will lead to NOTHING ? Yes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.