Cancel Culture - does it exist?

So you haven't talked about JK rowling, Debbie Hayton and bathrooms before?
I asked you for an example of my critical gender views which you said I have expressed many times. Seems you still can’t show me.
I did post about DH, SUPPORTING her when the TUC tried to expel her, calling her transphobic, even though she is trans. How that is “gender critical” I have no idea. But again freedom of expression is the issue.
You really ought to get your democratic brain into gear.

Last edited:
Okay, so you don't have gender critical views but are more interested in compelled speech and cancel culture?
Compelled speech is a tiny corner of Canadian law at the mo, but I suppose it could go wider. Freedom of expression is, in contrast, huge.
The rule of law and freedom of expression are the two key elements of democracy and a free society. Why do you think people like Putin arrest journalists, shut down media etc etc? The first move of all dictators tells you how important it is.
“Cancelling“ is an act of censorship; it’s practitioners don’t want you to express your views.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.