Cancun,Dominican R or Jamaica

I am looking at Akumal in Mexico, which is just south of Playa del Carmen.

Really nice there, went swimming with the turtles there, one of the best experiences ever. They do say not to wear sun cream there and other chemicals but tourists don't listen, and unfortunately it's lead to turtles having cancerous cysts on their shells.

Really nice there, went swimming with the turtles there, one of the best experiences ever. They do say not to wear sun cream there and other chemicals but tourists don't listen, and unfortunately it's lead to turtles having cancerous cysts on their shells.
Unfortunately,people are cvnts.

Caribbean islands (with the exception of Barbados) = fucking awful imo. Expensive, shitty service from staff with piss poor attitude, cockroaches the size of cats, shite weather and freezing cold water.

Cancun is 100x better, but personally I wouldn't go to either.

The US murder rate is not even close to Jamaica’s. As people have said, go there and stay in a guarded complex only.
What a perfect destination for a relaxing holiday. Not.

I've been forced to go to the caribbean various times and never enjoyed it. From the standard lamp without a shade at Atlantis, which we complained about every day for the week we were there, and which still didn't have a shade when we left; to the £20 tip for bringing bags to our room (since I had no change) being greeted with a snarl; to the having to literally bribe idle fuckers with attitude to help find a sun lounger; to the being pestered by drug dealers whilst trying to enjoy a meal in Castries.

Fucking awful shit hole from beginning to end, with people who do nothing - no, who actively contribute - to making it so fucking awful.

What a perfect destination for a relaxing holiday. Not.

I've been forced to go to the caribbean various times and never enjoyed it. From the standard lamp without a shade at Atlantis, which we complained about every day for the week we were there, and which still didn't have a shade when we left; to the £20 tip for bringing bags to our room (since I had no change) being greeted with a snarl; to the having to literally bribe idle fuckers with attitude to help find a sun lounger; to the being pestered by drug dealers whilst trying to enjoy a meal in Castries.

Fucking awful shit hole from beginning to end, with people who do nothing - no, who actively contribute - to making it so fucking awful.

Was it a one star?

Was it a one star?
You'd have bloody well thought so but this particular dump was 5 star actually - Atlantis in the Bahamas.

On this trip I wanted to buy myself a nice watch as a treat. I spotted one in the main John Bull jewellers on Nassau high street, but got cold feet and didn't buy it. Back in the hotel later that day I was in the hotel's own John Bull jewellers branch and mentioned said watch that I was still very interested in. The sales assistant said she'd have it sent up to the hotel the next day if I wanted to look at it again. Pretty good I thought

On 3 consecutive days I went back to the hotel shop to view the watch. And each time was told sorry, it didn't arrive today, come back tomorrow. On the 4th day I was told "the shop won't send it - you'll have to go down town again yourself"... "But if you buy it, make sure you tell them I sent you and insist I get the commission".

Entirely typical of the piss poor service and shite attitude which make the place the dump that it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.