Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

I think you misunderstand me.

It's easy to forgive a player that scores in a victory. It's easy to berate a player for just the opposite. What is unforgivable, game after game, is a player that wants to score for himself and not allow the team the chance to extend where he fails.

This is probably the one thing I cannot fault Shrek for.

If it ain't happening for him, he'll give it so that someone else can score from an easier position.

And I hate that fact.

Bigga said:
andyblue said:
He has scored more than a third of our goals in the league this season. Who is going to pick up that burden?

The same third of our goals that could easily have been spread amongst the support waiting for tap ins.

I agree, we should have been out of sight.
Carlos wants to be top scorer in Prem and i think
that desire overides anything else, to the detriment
of the team.

Games like today do show his limitations. He will run and run and run for the cause and is deadly when he has his shooting boots on but his use of the ball if he can't shoot is utterly woeful most of the time. There was one ball to (I think) Vieira late on that sold him completely short.

It was one of those days for Tevez! On another day he could of scored 4 or 5!! Some one like Tevez is a absolute godsend away from home with his work rate and goal scoring ability! But I see what your getting at with him, but I'd rather have him at our club than not

Agree with a lot of your points Bigga but I wouldnt like to see him go.

He plays well away from home but at home seems to become incredible selfish. He stifled the attack today and took the wrong option 9 times out of 10. If you look at the games we've been unable to score at home he has been guilty of blowing good chances.

Play Tevez away, Balo and Dzeko at home, Tevez isnt infellable any more.

Bigga said:
I think you misunderstand me.

It's easy to forgive a player that scores in a victory. It's easy to berate a player for just the opposite. What is unforgivable, game after game, is a player that wants to score for himself and not allow the team the chance to extend where he fails.

This is probably the one thing I cannot fault Shrek for.

If it ain't happening for him, he'll give it so that someone else can score from an easier position.

And I hate that fact.

according to an fl i do, tev 12 goals 5 assists, shrek 2 goals, 7 assists

i think its more to do with his style of play rather than deliberately ignoring teammates, head down when he has the ball, just not as aware as someone like silva

His 2 children were there today (just said on Sky) so he was probably desperate to score in front of them

Bigga said:
andyblue said:
He has scored more than a third of our goals in the league this season. Who is going to pick up that burden?

The same third of our goals that could easily have been spread amongst the support waiting for tap ins.

"Could". Oh, that's OK then. That is well worth 12 goals. Muppet.

Can't agree with this.

Tevez is selfish with a sight of goal, but then all tp strikers are.

Thing with Tevez is he works really hard - for the team. You will see him tackling back, getting into wide positions and fighting for 'lost balls'. Not to try and score himself, but to win back posession, provide crosses and try, always, to win!

Carlos Tevez is an essential player for us. With him we will win titles and trophies.

Good thread with some valid pros and cons. He does seem to be more important to us playing away than at home. Still love the guy though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.