Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Bigga has a good point, as do others when noting his heads down approach, quite often he'll hold on to the ball rather than keep the move developing. However, as the team evolves, he'll have to evolve with it as there will come a time when he's seen as less dispensable to our success. I suspect from the way he played whilst not occupying the central role that he's certainly capable of producing more selfless displays than of late but if he doesn't, Mancini will have no qualms about making the brave and correct decision. At this stage of our development it would be daft to let him go but there will come a day when the good of the team may well outweigh the contribution he makes.

Get off his back.

On another day he could have had five if he put his chances away...(which he usually does)

Anyone can miss a penalty.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I wouldn't swap Tevez for all the Tea in China; but the OP has made a really valid point and for those using the term " bad day at the Office"; the Sunderland and Bolton Games also spring to mind. It is certainly now an issue that needs adressing by Bobby and the Coaching Staff.

I agree it is better to work on getting Tevez to consider the options more frequently rather than having a go all the time in stead of simply getting rid because he might be selfish. However, there is no guarantee that with a 'less selfish' Tevez we would be better off as it might take away from what he is currently doing very well. Tevez has missed 'sitters' and others are likely to aswell.

Careful what you wish for.

..Tévez.

If there was one player that is the antitheses to the free flowing team play that is trying be instilled into the Manchester City ethos, it is him.

Man City stop, as a team, when the ball gets to him in the penalty box. Where the lads may be willing runners for support for him for the first few attacks, the support begins to tail off in earnest after that. Our attackers now begin to look for fortunate ricochets, rather than expect the ball from him, for a simple tap in.

Silva has been there for the tap in, Yaya and probably others, that I can't recount just yet. I can't blame the under pressure Adam Johnson for not picking out Touré, as the alternative to Tévez, in the box as he merely is between a rock and a hard place on such decisions.

Man, I know people will have a go, but I see what I see and Tévez is a square peg in a round hole when it comes to team play, as a whole.

Tévez works for Tévez and no one else.

Said it after his first few games. Said it loads of times since then.

Bigga said:
ManCityFC said:
I agree with this. When he missed that it seemed to go a bit pear shaped, but the manager has to take control. It was a bad day at the office and him and a few others struggled with the surface which hampered us today. I would have dragged him off after the break I think. We were lucky to hold on to that 3 points IMO.

Absolutely crucial in its reality!!

Couldn't give a sh*t how bad his 'day at the office' was if he'd bothered caring about the cause and not himself. Four goals scored and I'd have shrugged my shoulders.

But, like others have noticed, I'm not talking about this one game. I think Mancini is beginning to be frustrated that we are not blowing teams away, like he expects. The game play is there to do so, the team ethic is there, so what's the one problem area impeding that progress??

Tévez.

I agree he's a class striker, but he's not a Mancini style player and I think his goose is cooked.

I think today was particularly bad, I agree, but his goal scoring record has been so good, Mancini has no choice but to play him. However, I think other options were also available and the Manager shouldn't reward that behaviour, or the player will keep doing it. I expect you are right, though, we have started to get pissed off with it, so I trust that Mancini will rectify it when the time is right.

Bigga to be fair mate, look at the goal scoring records this season, how can you be 2 nd best striker in the country without fitting in ?

goalscorers.jpg

Today he could still be playing and not scored, it happens. Case of trying to hard

It does get frustrating... but it doesnt help that he plays as a lone striker, it would be better if we played two up front. Instead, we have Tevez playing on his own trying to work his way around 4 defenders and Silva just playing off him. Silva doesnt usually take his chances either and today when he did, he missed a sitter.

See where the OP is coming from. Noticed it a lot. He was sensational early on in the season when the team was still finding it's feet. No we have become a little more free-flowing, he seems to making a lot of bad decisions with the ball.

Becoming increasingly selfish and I'm even beginning to question his effort more frequently during large periods of games these days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.