Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Can't agree considering any club in the world would love to have him and he does far more good than bad for the team.

hertsblue said:
His 2 children were there today (just said on Sky) so he was probably desperate to score in front of them

That must have something to do with it plus the penalty miss must have made him even more determined to be a hero in their eyes. Its only human.

He does tend to not look up on occasion but considering his overall contribution I find the notion that anyone could be waiting impatiently for his departure absolutely absurd.

Fair enough I could understand someone wanting rid of him for messing us about off the field but not for what he does on it.

Bigga said:
Man, I know people will have a go, but I see what I see and Tévez is a square peg in a round hole when it comes to team play, as a whole.

I fully agree with this.

He is a great player and you've got to love his work rate but he just doesn't fit Mancinis system.

As many goals as he scores I think our record without him is not to different as our record with him.

Replace him with a big,tall old fashioned frontman (Dzeko) and it might even improve.

citymad said:
hertsblue said:
His 2 children were there today (just said on Sky) so he was probably desperate to score in front of them

That must have something to do with it plus the penalty miss must have made him even more determined to be a hero in their eyes. Its only human.

I agree with this. When he missed that it seemed to go a bit pear shaped, but the manager has to take control. It was a bad day at the office and him and a few others struggled with the surface which hampered us today. I would have dragged him off after the break I think. We were lucky to hold on to that 3 points IMO.

I wouldn't swap Tevez for all the Tea in China; but the OP has made a really valid point and for those using the term " bad day at the Office"; the Sunderland and Bolton Games also spring to mind. It is certainly now an issue that needs adressing by Bobby and the Coaching Staff.

City Raider said:
Bigga said:
I think you misunderstand me.

It's easy to forgive a player that scores in a victory. It's easy to berate a player for just the opposite. What is unforgivable, game after game, is a player that wants to score for himself and not allow the team the chance to extend where he fails.

This is probably the one thing I cannot fault Shrek for.

If it ain't happening for him, he'll give it so that someone else can score from an easier position.

And I hate that fact.

according to an fl i do, tev 12 goals 5 assists, shrek 2 goals, 7 assists

i think its more to do with his style of play rather than deliberately ignoring teammates, head down when he has the ball, just not as aware as someone like silva

Stats are stats, but they don't always tell the truth, do they?

The assists are stuff lead to goals, sure. Are there any for attempted assists that players fook up?? Cos believe me Shrek would be out of sight from Tévez!!

andyblue said:
Bigga said:
The same third of our goals that could easily have been spread amongst the support waiting for tap ins.

"Could". Oh, that's OK then. That is well worth 12 goals. Muppet.

Can you recall how many players we've had up against an open goal where the man has skied it?? I can.

You blind Clown.

ManCityFC said:
citymad said:

I agree with this. When he missed that it seemed to go a bit pear shaped, but the manager has to take control. It was a bad day at the office and him and a few others struggled with the surface which hampered us today. I would have dragged him off after the break I think. We were lucky to hold on to that 3 points IMO.

Absolutely crucial in its reality!!

Couldn't give a sh*t how bad his 'day at the office' was if he'd bothered caring about the cause and not himself. Four goals scored and I'd have shrugged my shoulders.

But, like others have noticed, I'm not talking about this one game. I think Mancini is beginning to be frustrated that we are not blowing teams away, like he expects. The game play is there to do so, the team ethic is there, so what's the one problem area impeding that progress??

Tévez.

I agree he's a class striker, but he's not a Mancini style player and I think his goose is cooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.