Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Sleeping_Easy said:
Post subject: Re: Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Now i understand what the OP is saying and yes tevez does seem to have "Tunnel vision" at times. Now whether this be because he feels he's better placed to produce something or because he has selfish motives i don't know but he is a great asset to the team and to the squad and to say you "can't wait" for him to leave is a bit OTT. I tend to think we play better as a team without him but i think with Dzeko and Tevez in there we will see a very good partnership form and some of the selfishness will be removed from his game.

Also i think a lot of the selfishness is down to the point he's enjoying the best goals ratio of his career so he feels like he will score and he isn't doing to bad.

so to sum it up yes he is selfish, no i dont want him to leave, and yes i think he will form a great partnership with dezko removing a lot of the selfishness from his game but not eradicating it.

Agree?

Yes, I probably would as SS is already proving to be his best position as I've pretty much always said.

What we want is a Win-Win situation!

Tevez scores more goals (increase in percentage strikes)
City wins more games with more goals score with contribution also from other City's players.

I decided to have a look back on this thread as a post mortem, and although Tévez, bizarrely enough, had started to convince me that he had started to become part of the team, not being there for us yesterday has convinced me we don't need him.

I find it weird that there is already almost a 'ghost' factor in talking about Tévez. Almost as if he is history, already. I can't think of a single moment where anybody asked about him in the post match interviews! I think that says a lot in itself! I, personally, don't think he deserves a place in the final even if he miraculously recovers. I'd just prefer him gone.

Watching the team galvanise without him, as I'd hoped, was nothing short of amazing. Not searching for one option only and keeping the movement was thrilling. I'm just hoping that now, Edin Dzeko gets a chance to put a run of games together and have a cameo in the FA Cup.

It's a difficult one, a great player who gives his all, but does he fit into the managers system, I was concerned about yesterday, but after the first 20 mins we seemed to settle into a very effective unit.

Just a heads up to all the pundits (Darren Lewis for one on Sky New) who said and I quote "did not stand a chance" because Carlos was not playing

Exactly what I mean, Ducado.

Yesterday, I saw the system as it was mean to be played, which in turn, will get stronger when the personnel understand it more without Tévez. Crucially, everyone knew their places and weren't distracted by the one man running machine(I say it like it's a bad thing... But, it is!).

It was just good to see the team step up responsibility, but at the same time, they let Tévez run the show and ultimately fail when he didn't show up in games.

Carlos is the best "false 9" in the world. Yesterday's system was designed for him. Balo did well and was disciplined, but the notion that it'll work better without Carlos is about as laughable as the OP's thread title...

Anyway, I'm still drunk from yesterday so the point scoring Bluemoon Intelligentsia mean nothing to me...

I don't mind disagreeing with you. This 'false 9' aspect has been Tévez's role all season and the fact that he's only recently made it work for the team(the Black Cats game), speaks volumes.

95% of the other times we've employed the system, Tévez has hasn't bothered unless for Tévez.

BillyShears said:
Carlos is the best "false 9" in the world. Yesterday's system was designed for him. Balo did well and was disciplined, but the notion that it'll work better without Carlos is about as laughable as the OP's thread title...

Anyway, I'm still drunk from yesterday so the point scoring Bluemoon Intelligentsia mean nothing to me...

a "false 9" cant keep the ball as tevez always do.

a "false 9" cant slow the play as always tevez do.

balotelli can play as a "false 9" coz he always offer himself as a bank and quikly pass the ball and run forward. this is what a "false 9" have to do. not to keep the ball and try to win the game greedly by himself.

Tevez has never felt like a true blue to me,he has scored plenty of goals for sure but it always felt like he as just passing through,just like robinho and Ade,i cant believe he wasnt there yesterday to support the lads,but i fear this proves Tevez plays for Tevez and Kia and nobody else,its definatley a shame though but onwards and upwards.

i was dissapointed to see that he wasnt there yesterday. i wouldnt go as far as calling it a disgrace, or making any other conjecture about whether he will stay or not. but on the day of the clubs most important victory in years, for the club captain to be there, was dissapointing i have to say.

my problem with him in big games, is that the way he dominates our play and demands the ball, he makes himself our only threat against these teams. he's been massive for us, but i dont think he could link up play with yaya and silva in the way balo did yesterday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.