Capello GONE

More than a few points to say about this decision.

Firstly, I'm dismayed that the FA and the press has managed to oust the most successful manager of England ever. Capello has the highest win record of any England manager ever. His qualifying record is almost flawless; even at the World Cup where it is generally regarded that he underachieved, he reached the round of 16 and was only beaten by a resurgent German team.

The only possible criticism that anybody can have about Capello is sociological and driven by the Fleet Street boys' agenda to get their bessie mates in big roles. Those who pay attention to the sports writers or anyone who has sat down with them for more than a minute will know what I mean by that. Harry WILL get the job, just as the press put Hughes in the City job despite his only redeeming qualification is that he was born in England. I'll go into more detail here if necessary.

Apparently, talking to the Italian press was a slight, or backing an innocent man (and Terry IS still an innocent man) was a slight, or his English was a slight or a bunch of other non-footballing reasons. I honestly could not give a flying fuck about any of these. He's the national team manager, I care about how he does on the pitch.

Football wise, he managed 42 games and had a bad performance in maybe 5 of them. A couple of them were in South Africa at the World Cup, but since then he has handed debuts to Johnson, Wilshere, Walker, Dawson, Jaglieka, Carroll and made guys like Hart a regular. He is filling his remit of bringing through a new generation after the World Cup - exactly what the press and board wanted. During this time he qualified for the Euros without losing a single game. Based on this alone, he was a resounding success.

More to the point though, English football is a complete fucking laughing stock again. We've just sacked (and he WAS sacked) one of the greatest and most successful managers of all time who had a nearly untouchable record at international level. He has won leagues, Champions Leagues, cups, the lot.
We will appoint a bloke who once won an FA Cup that cost the club its financial solvency.

You see, what people don't seem to get is that we are not very good at football. We haven't been for a long time. Quarter finals or so are about our "level". History mainly bares this out. Expecting us to rampage into any tournament is ridiculous nonsense that has no factual basis.

We don't have the infrastructure. We don't have the coaches or the coaching facilities. We don't have the backing of the clubs. Most of all, we don't have a national footballing identity to show us to play in a certain way, and the only thing that we have that approaches this was out of date in the 70s. When 'Arry gets the job, he will try to use this and will fail miserably, yet again providing laughs for the whole world at how pathetic we have become. Can you imagine Arry's kick n rush brand of 4-4-2 football against the Spanish? Fuck me.

The FA have worked tirelessly to try and address these faults. The coaching qualification pathway has changed, we are focusing players much more on Futsal and they are building a new National Football Centre. This is great news for the national team in 15 years, but not much good now.

The Spanish and Portuguese started their infrastructure building around 1995. The Germans started theirs in 2002. It takes a long time for the tree to bare fruit. This is definitely against the agenda of the press who in a world of 24 hour news, talk radio and online editions want everything now, now, NOW. This is also why successive England managers have been forced out by the press; almost every manager since Ramsey. Sir Bobby wrote in his book that he left because the press were calling for his head. Then he went to PSV, Benfica and Barca, won a shitload of titles, trained the next generation of coaches and revolutionised the game as he was doing so. But he wasn't good enough for the Little Englanders who demanded that he win everything in sight every year.

The FA are fucking flakes. They remind me of a drunk virgin teenager desperately trying to cop a feel at a party. In the end, because of their needless desperation and desire to please in the most sycophantic way, they'll be going home and having a wank. In fact, this is quite a good analogy for the state of English football at a national level in general.

I was talking on Twitter to Liam about this not 10 hours ago and couldn't believe that anybody at the FA would be retarded enough to remove Capello from his position. This is not the actions of a set of people who are thinking about the long term health of the game.

So....what now?

Well in a perfect world when picking a manager, you generally pick the guy who has achieved the most. Unfortunately, I don't somehow see the FA begging Steve McClaren to take on the role. Outside of this is Hodgson who the press will never accept (and they are the ones who essentially make decisions for the FA). I'd quite like someone like Stephen Constantine or particularly Bob Houghton but nobody cares who these highly influential, talented and successful coaches are so they won't be getting it.

If we go over English only and allow British, I'd like someone like Brendan Rodgers or Paul Lambert; two guys who are both young, hands on coaches who have achieved a lot in a little amount of time, are tactically aware, have a vision of a style of football and have excellent records in developing young players and getting the best out of older players. But they aren't fashionable either, so they won't get it.

If we allow foreigners, I'd take Mourinho or Hitzfeld, both managers who have achieved a shedload in their career and would relish the England job.

But we're not going to do any of this. We're going to appoint a bloke who took a team in 4th to 4th spot whilst spending £200m to do so, has a very dodgy record with corruption and has never achieved a single thing in 30 years of the game because his mates in the press talk him up and idiots believe that this is talent. He has achieved less than Sam Allardyce, who apparently is a national joke despite bringing in training and coaching methods WAY ahead of their time and turning perennial relegation candidates Bolton into a contender for UEFA Cup spots.

I fucking despair at times, I really do.

Damocles said:

Firstly, I'm dismayed that the FA and the press has managed to oust the most successful manager of England ever. Capello has the highest win record of any England manager ever. His qualifying record is almost flawless; even at the World Cup where it is generally regarded that he underachieved, he reached the round of 16 and was only beaten by a resurgent German team.

The only possible criticism that anybody can have about Capello is sociological and driven by the Fleet Street boys' agenda to get their bessie mates in big roles. Those who pay attention to the sports writers or anyone who has sat down with them for more than a minute will know what I mean by that. Harry WILL get the job, just as the press put Hughes in the City job despite his only redeeming qualification is that he was born in England. I'll go into more detail here if necessary.

Apparently, talking to the Italian press was a slight, or backing an innocent man (and Terry IS still an innocent man) was a slight, or his English was a slight or a bunch of other non-footballing reasons. I honestly could not give a flying fuck about any of these. He's the national team manager, I care about how he does on the pitch.

Football wise, he managed 42 games and had a bad performance in maybe 5 of them. A couple of them were in South Africa at the World Cup, but since then he has handed debuts to Johnson, Wilshere, Walker, Dawson, Jaglieka, Carroll and made guys like Hart a regular. He is filling his remit of bringing through a new generation after the World Cup - exactly what the press and board wanted. During this time he qualified for the Euros without losing a single game. Based on this alone, he was a resounding success.

More to the point though, English football is a complete fucking laughing stock again. We've just sacked (and he WAS sacked) one of the greatest and most successful managers of all time who had a nearly untouchable record at international level. He has won leagues, Champions Leagues, cups, the lot.
We will appoint a bloke who once won an FA Cup that cost the club its financial solvency.

You see, what people don't seem to get is that we are not very good at football. We haven't been for a long time. Quarter finals or so are about our "level". History mainly bares this out. Expecting us to rampage into any tournament is ridiculous nonsense that has no factual basis.

We don't have the infrastructure. We don't have the coaches or the coaching facilities. We don't have the backing of the clubs. Most of all, we don't have a national footballing identity to show us to play in a certain way, and the only thing that we have that approaches this was out of date in the 70s. When 'Arry gets the job, he will try to use this and will fail miserably, yet again providing laughs for the whole world at how pathetic we have become. Can you imagine Arry's kick n rush brand of 4-4-2 football against the Spanish? Fuck me.

The FA have worked tirelessly to try and address these faults. The coaching qualification pathway has changed, we are focusing players much more on Futsal and they are building a new National Football Centre. This is great news for the national team in 15 years, but not much good now.

The Spanish and Portuguese started their infrastructure building around 1995. The Germans started theirs in 2002. It takes a long time for the tree to bare fruit. This is definitely against the agenda of the press who in a world of 24 hour news, talk radio and online editions want everything now, now, NOW. This is also why successive England managers have been forced out by the press; almost every manager since Ramsey. Sir Bobby wrote in his book that he left because the press were calling for his head. Then he went to PSV, Benfica and Barca, won a shitload of titles, trained the next generation of coaches and revolutionised the game as he was doing so. But he wasn't good enough for the Little Englanders who demanded that he win everything in sight every year.

The FA are fucking flakes. They remind me of a drunk virgin teenager desperately trying to cop a feel at a party. In the end, because of their needless desperation and desire to please in the most sycophantic way, they'll be going home and having a wank. In fact, this is quite a good analogy for the state of English football at a national level in general.

I was talking on Twitter to Liam about this not 10 hours ago and couldn't believe that anybody at the FA would be retarded enough to remove Capello from his position. This is not the actions of a set of people who are thinking about the long term health of the game.

So....what now?

Well in a perfect world when picking a manager, you generally pick the guy who has achieved the most. Unfortunately, I don't somehow see the FA begging Steve McClaren to take on the role. Outside of this is Hodgson who the press will never accept (and they are the ones who essentially make decisions for the FA). I'd quite like someone like Stephen Constantine or particularly Bob Houghton but nobody cares who these highly influential, talented and successful coaches are so they won't be getting it.

If we go over English only and allow British, I'd like someone like Brendan Rodgers or Paul Lambert; two guys who are both young, hands on coaches who have achieved a lot in a little amount of time, are tactically aware, have a vision of a style of football and have excellent records in developing young players and getting the best out of older players. But they aren't fashionable either, so they won't get it.

If we allow foreigners, I'd take Mourinho or Hitzfeld, both managers who have achieved a shedload in their career and would relish the England job.

But we're not going to do any of this. We're going to appoint a bloke who took a team in 4th to 4th spot whilst spending £200m to do so, has a very dodgy record with corruption and has never achieved a single thing in 30 years of the game because his mates in the press talk him up and idiots believe that this is talent. He has achieved less than Sam Allardyce, who apparently is a national joke despite bringing in training and coaching methods WAY ahead of their time and turning perennial relegation candidates Bolton into a contender for UEFA Cup spots.

He resigned...

Well I just hope Anton Fucking Ferdinand is please with himself the fucking spineless twat

He deserves EVERYTHING he gets thrown at him after this, the little whinging shit.

Because ALL of this is because he whinged "oooo John Terry called me a name..."

And the FA also are completely pathetic - no "Strong Leadership" there - they decided that "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't wash in their la-la-land - I though David Bernstein had some feckin brains

Damocles said:
1.618034 said:
He resigned...

He was pushed according to few journo mates

The fact is he resigned.. He didn't need to but he did. He should've gone after the World Cup.. extending (and improving!) his contract was a huge mistake IMO.

But, I can also see that it's possible that he was kept on until the Redknapp trial was over..

"Right Fabio, you've really fucked up in South Africa but the man we want is awaiting trial so how about we extend, and improve, your terms until he's appointable..? in the meantime you get us to the Euros and take yourself off on holiday whenever you like... (He was away for all of the busy Xmas period...) And as soon as Redknapp's in the clear, you resign, we'll see you right money wise and job's a good un."

Does the fact that Capello resigned within minutes of Redknapp's acquittal not strike anyone as a HUGE coincidence??

Capello didn't really care about the England job any longer and completely misunderstood what he was getting in to... Apart from the other fact that he got £6 MILLION PER YEAR for doing it..

Journo mates, pah!

DiscoSteve said:
Well I just hope Anton Fucking Ferdinand is please with himself the fucking spineless twat

He deserves EVERYTHING he gets thrown at him after this, the little whinging shit.

Because ALL of this is because he whinged "oooo John Terry called me a name..."

And the FA also are completely pathetic - no "Strong Leadership" there - they decided that "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't wash in their la-la-land - I though David Bernstein had some feckin brains

Wow. Apart from the fact that AF never made a complaint, and that this is all about what Terry was "seen" to say on video... (I think you're mixing him up with Evra but hey "they all probably look the same" to you eh mate?)... What you've just said is unbelievable!

Are you saying that what Terry is alleged to have said is acceptable...? Because it really, really isn't!

Are you also saying that players subjected to racial abuse should just ignore it..? And by ignoring it, accept it? Because they really shouldn't.

I'm now expecting something along the lines of "I'm not racist, but..."

Damocles said:

So....what now?

Probably the best post I've read on this forum.

Well thought out and considered, articulate and more importantly....... bang on the money.

Damocles, I hope you don't mind, but I've copied and pasted this post to a few of my non-City supporting football mates, who have a passion for England.

Incidentally, the ones who have replied, all agree that it is spot on.

The day The FA appoint 'appy 'arry will be another nail in the coffin of English football and I will say further, that just watch after a couple of poor results / performances, the media turn 180 degrees on their current darling.

Farcical (if he gets the job)

Unknown_Genius said:
I think Guus Hiddink will be the perfect choice. Knows the international scene, free, and has got teams punching above their weight (Korea, Russia, Australia, etc).

How about Rafa Benitez.He knows all the players.He knows the English game and mentality of both the players and fans.
Still lives in England (merseyside) so no moving around....And he isnt working at the moment.
Before you poo poo it ...He won the champions league and got to a final with t
the dippers.
Then again ..Becham could step in.

Guus Hiddink would be a perfect, I bet he wouldn't even mind doing it just until after Euros too.

The fact that this has happened is the ideal situation for him to come in. Not all the media pressure as always as everyone expects it to be chaos now.

This is the perfect time for him as a manager, and England as a team to come in as the dark horse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.