Captain Carlos?

Tevez on the pitch is exemplary. But he's a bit quiet to be a Captain, and we have an outstanding Captain in Kompany

carlos was superb saturday, clitchy great to and was first to congratulate him which was good to see.

i agree with kompany as captain because of his commitment and central role, if vinni does not play give it to carlos..........

I think Carlos is enjoying his football more than ever this season. With last seasons watershed behind him, his hunger and desire are back and it's great to see. With regard to the armband, if you were to ask him, I'm sure that he'd prefer things as they are. He will direct as and when necessary in his area of the pitch, without having the overall responsibility of the captaincy. I think that suits him just fine. If other players respond to that, then that's even better.

Sooner Sergio gets firing on all cylinders though, the better!

i think he leads by example on the field irrespective of wether he has the armband

Carlos's english still isnt good enough. Kompany is the best leader in the team and has been a great captain. He also interviews really well, smart/sensible/confident.

One goal and all is forgiven!

Not by me it isn't.

He wasn't fantastic, he was ok. He hasn't been on fire since he came back, that was his first goal in almost 2 months. He may have been animated but the performance was crap so whatever he was doing wasn't helping the rest of the team.

I wouldn't have him in the squad but then I value loyalty higher than some.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
I think Carlos is enjoying his football more than ever this season. With last seasons watershed behind him, his hunger and desire are back and it's great to see. With regard to the armband, if you were to ask him, I'm sure that he'd prefer things as they are. He will direct as and when necessary in his area of the pitch, without having the overall responsibility of the captaincy. I think that suits him just fine. If other players respond to that, then that's even better.

Sooner Sergio gets firing on all cylinders though, the better!

This!

I value Carlos but never as a captain. How could we ever justify giving him the armband after the clusterfuck of last year? forgiven NOT forgotten. You give it to someone else if Vinny isn't playing.

His attitude on the pitch should not be questioned, but isn't Captain material.

Gelsons Dad said:
One goal and all is forgiven!

Not by me it isn't.

He wasn't fantastic, he was ok. He hasn't been on fire since he came back, that was his first goal in almost 2 months. He may have been animated but the performance was crap so whatever he was doing wasn't helping the rest of the team.

I wouldn't have him in the squad but then I value loyalty higher than some.

I disagree a bit there GD, OK he hasn't been knocking them in, but his performance in recent games has been excellent. He gives 110% on the pitch in my eyes and inspired the players somewhat. Would I have him as Captain in place of an injured Kompany? (touch wood) Too right. He dragged the team to the title when he came back, and yes, I have forgiven him, but I haven't forgotten.

For me now, he seems to be making amends and is also correcting the error of his ways. Long may he keep it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.