Car bump query

I feel your pain. All you want is for the insurance company to put you in the position you were before. That's what you paid for. My mate had similar to you, loved his car, absolutely loved it. A lady came out of a side street and hit him, she admitted liability immediately so no problem with her. My mate wanted the car repaired but the insurance company wrote it off and gave him their valuation. Now, he used that money plus £3000 of his own to get another car. So basically he is £3000 down and now has a car he doesn't love.
It would be interesting what garage owners, if any on here, say. My interpretation of this is that similar to vets, if insurance is involved, then the price of treatment/repair goes up. Now that sounds like a con.
Someone bumped into my car and drove off (on the day pep was presented at the ground).
Took it to get fixed. First question was are you paying yourself or is it insurance. Was paying myself so think it was about £180. Told me if it was insurance he would have charged about 2 grand.

Perfect timing....asking on behalf of one of the girls at work.....Her husband and son where involved in a head on collision, fault yet to be confirmed but seems son ( driver ) was to blame. Question....can her husband ( passenger ), who's in a pretty bad way claim off her sons insurance ?
Depends on the sons coverage I would think.

Perfect timing....asking on behalf of one of the girls at work.....Her husband and son where involved in a head on collision, fault yet to be confirmed but seems son ( driver ) was to blame. Question....can her husband ( passenger ), who's in a pretty bad way claim off her sons insurance ?

The minimum third party insurance should cover that.
I worked with a bloke who had a crash in Italy on his holidays. His wife was quite badly hurt and sued him through their insurance, getting a very significant amount.

I too have had my car smashed into at the back. A drunk driver. Bumper smashed in, lights smashed, rear passenger door a little damaged but it still opens and closes.

The woman had thrown her husband out of the car or something, he was lying in the road down the street and then she continued up the street at high speed until smashing into my car.

The insurance company immediately wrote it off saying the damage was too extensive to repair (They havent seen the car yet!). I insisted that I want it checking before being written off and they have told me it has to go to one of their garages for an appraisal and valuation if needed. Thing is I paid £700 yesterday for a service and MOT, my car is going to be worth hundreds not thousands, it is starting to look like I have lost a load of money out of this. Anyone else have a similar experience?

(The guy lost his foot, awful to see, but it seems they were both pissed and arguing. )

I’m fairly sure I’ve read before if you’ve recently spent money on it the insurance need to compensate for that. Don’t take their first offer.

My Mrs had her car driven into in a car park when she wasn't even in the car, dented wing and scuffed bumper. Really minor damage but it was written off.
We received about £4k and bought the car back for £600. New mot and good to go.
A few years ago someone hit my car in the works car park
In all fairness his insurance paid for a full repair and hire car .But my insurance kept asking me to put a claim in against him for injuries to me even though I stated I wasn't in the car at the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.