Car bump query

Ergh, that was your fault, so why were you displeased. If you travel too close to a car you can only blame yourself if he decides to stop.
I agree, it was just because there was zero damage to his car, barely bumped, very low impact, didn't want taking the piss trying to claim whiplash or owt. He did an emergency stop for no reason, ie no emergency on country lane, had a feeling it was a scam

Good result, I had a similar situation 7 years ago I was hit from behind in slow moving traffic when returning from Mrs Moon having her stem cell transplant.

The guy said he'd pay (I assumed he wasn't legal for either insurance or not on the policy as he was in a company car).

Anyway, on getting quotes he went quiet and wouldn't reply so I contacted Direct Line where I had legal cover to sort it out. I'd have normally gone straight to them even though I'd end up out of pocket but with all the Christie shit going on just wanted a quick result.

Upshot was DL issued a summons to him a couple of years later and he/the company paid up.
And your next renewal price was increased so you went to another company?

And your next renewal price was increased so you went to another company?
Normally I would but with a couple of years legal stuff going on I stayed until the case was finalised in case they decided to drop the action and bill me.

I know even if it's not my fault....being in an area where a contact occurs increases premiums.

I’ve had this whinging twat constantly ringing me for a few quid for his car repair, anyways I decided to string him along but fuck me next time I will just drive off.

I’ve had this whinging twat constantly ringing me for a few quid for his car repair, anyways I decided to string him along but fuck me next time I will just drive off.
Have you considered smashing his missus?

I too have had my car smashed into at the back. A drunk driver. Bumper smashed in, lights smashed, rear passenger door a little damaged but it still opens and closes.

The woman had thrown her husband out of the car or something, he was lying in the road down the street and then she continued up the street at high speed until smashing into my car.

The insurance company immediately wrote it off saying the damage was too extensive to repair (They havent seen the car yet!). I insisted that I want it checking before being written off and they have told me it has to go to one of their garages for an appraisal and valuation if needed. Thing is I paid £700 yesterday for a service and MOT, my car is going to be worth hundreds not thousands, it is starting to look like I have lost a load of money out of this. Anyone else have a similar experience?

(The guy lost his foot, awful to see, but it seems they were both pissed and arguing. )

I feel your pain. All you want is for the insurance company to put you in the position you were before. That's what you paid for. My mate had similar to you, loved his car, absolutely loved it. A lady came out of a side street and hit him, she admitted liability immediately so no problem with her. My mate wanted the car repaired but the insurance company wrote it off and gave him their valuation. Now, he used that money plus £3000 of his own to get another car. So basically he is £3000 down and now has a car he doesn't love.
It would be interesting what garage owners, if any on here, say. My interpretation of this is that similar to vets, if insurance is involved, then the price of treatment/repair goes up. Now that sounds like a con.

I too have had my car smashed into at the back. A drunk driver. Bumper smashed in, lights smashed, rear passenger door a little damaged but it still opens and closes.

The woman had thrown her husband out of the car or something, he was lying in the road down the street and then she continued up the street at high speed until smashing into my car.

The insurance company immediately wrote it off saying the damage was too extensive to repair (They havent seen the car yet!). I insisted that I want it checking before being written off and they have told me it has to go to one of their garages for an appraisal and valuation if needed. Thing is I paid £700 yesterday for a service and MOT, my car is going to be worth hundreds not thousands, it is starting to look like I have lost a load of money out of this. Anyone else have a similar experience?

(The guy lost his foot, awful to see, but it seems they were both pissed and arguing. )

I think you can buy it back off them, but you need to be careful and make sure nothing structural has been damaged otherwise it's a waste of time. I'd imagine the insurance would be alot higher too. Unfortunately it looks like you will lose out and have to find a new car.

Had my runaround written off after someone back ended it a week after I had spent £500 on welding and general repairs to get it through the mot, car was worth about £500 and insurance said it's a write off.
Similar to yourself I was gutted but after explaining it to insurance company they asked for proof of expense and paid out a grand.
My experience was over 20 years ago but can't see why they don't have similar response today, I seem to remember them being very helpful and as it was the other person's insurance that was picking up the bill it felt they were working for me.
Hope things work out similar for you.

My Mrs had her car driven into in a car park when she wasn't even in the car, dented wing and scuffed bumper. Really minor damage but it was written off.
We received about £4k and bought the car back for £600. New mot and good to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.