Car bump query

Good result, I had a similar situation 7 years ago I was hit from behind in slow moving traffic when returning from Mrs Moon having her stem cell transplant.

The guy said he'd pay (I assumed he wasn't legal for either insurance or not on the policy as he was in a company car).

Anyway, on getting quotes he went quiet and wouldn't reply so I contacted Direct Line where I had legal cover to sort it out. I'd have normally gone straight to them even though I'd end up out of pocket but with all the Christie shit going on just wanted a quick result.

Upshot was DL issued a summons to him a couple of years later and he/the company paid up.

Good result. I got hit on the way to my hospital to see my wife and baby. Had been there for over a day and went home about 4am, difficult birth, surgery etc, nipped home for a nap then came back with fresh clothes etc in rush hour.

Van coming out of a side road hit me, didn't stop at the give way as I'm doing about 25 and he rammed the passenger side. Made the mistake of saying that I was on the way back to hospital and from the guy admitting fault at the scene, it was contested thereafter and he suggested I let him go then admitted fault and that I shouldn't have been driving due to tiredness.

Even worse it was in my wife's car and they insisted to go through her, so there she is in a hospital bed with a sickly baby, recovering from life threatening surgery herself, being asked to give her security details by the insurance company over the phone.

Turned out fine though. Thankfully I'd taken photos of the scene and car and it was pretty clear that he'd hit me at speed and no evidence at all I'd let him go at all, but was a crappy thing to go through at a time when could have done without it.

I'd encourage anyone to get a dash cam. It seems to put some (not all) off doing something stupid once they realise you have one.

Money came through at 11:30 last night , why it took him over a week I’ll never know , maybe he read this thread

That's good ! Hope you didnt report to your insurance company as they tend to put your premium up regardless if a claim is made once you report being in a crash.

I was waiting to pul out of a junction turning right so dudged out slowly to see passed the parked cars. As I did this a motorcyclist went passed from left to right at speed ! I was still only two feet passed the give way lines seeing what was coming from my right. I watched this motorcyclist wobbling abit and when their got about 100yds past the junction i was at fell off lol.

Anyway long story short she accused me of pulling out in front of her. Ambulance and police were called and statement taken. Passers by also gave statements. All saying the same that I was only about two foot passed the give way lines and stationary, when the motorcyclist went passed. Everyone said she had plenty of time to brake and out her feet down. She broke but bizarrely didnt put her feet down lol.

Police cleared me of any wrong doing. Her dad phoned me up saying if I pay 1k they wont go through the insurance company. I said fuck off lol. They said her bike was badly damaged as was her leathers and crash hat. I said was her 'L' plate ok !. 4 days later I see her on the same bike , clothes etc lol. I reported all this to my insurance company.

3 years later I get a letter from my insurance company saying they have settled the case and paid her 1k and my premium was going up ! I didnt even know there was case that was the first I heard of it lol.

Last edited:
Some clown bumped my motor while he was undertaking me. Just a scratch on both cars. He didnt speak english but we swapped details (not insurance) and off he went. An hour later i get a text saying 'his mate' can repair his car and send him £500. I just rplied with 'send your insurance details'. Next day another text saying 'send £250' which got the same response off me.
rang my insureres and told them i'm being scammed and they said, ''Well that's not a bad price' and to pay it. Insurance bastards.

Years ago, crossing a mini bridge where room for 2 cars, the guy in front of me basically did an emergency stop when there was no need due to an oncoming car and I went I to the back of him. No damage to his car, I smashed my front headlights, swapped details, as soon as I had his name and address in my hand I let it be known clearly that if there was any comebacks what soever I would be incredibly displeased, never heard nothing back, cost me £30 for a new headlight that I did myself
Ergh, that was your fault, so why were you displeased. If you travel too close to a car you can only blame yourself if he decides to stop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.