car credit advice

marco

bought a car from Evans Halshaw online, i put 4k down as deposit and 6k to be financed, the application for credit went through and the car was purchased only to get a phone call later in the day telling me they dont have the car as they have sold it, they have offered me my deposit back or select another car and they will chuck in free delivery for the trouble 'fair enough' however they dont have another car matching what we were going to buy, i have seen what we want elswhere but now concerned the credit wont go through as to many searches on your credit file are not a good thing, Evans Halshaw say the search on my file wont be on until the end of the month when its updated by experian, anyone know if this is correct

bought a car from Evans Halshaw online, i put 4k down as deposit and 6k to be financed, the application for credit went through and the car was purchased only to get a phone call later in the day telling me they dont have the car as they have sold it, they have offered me my deposit back or select another car and they will chuck in free delivery for the trouble 'fair enough' however they dont have another car matching what we were going to buy, i have seen what we want elswhere but now concerned the credit wont go through as to many searches on your credit file are not a good thing, Evans Halshaw say the search on my file wont be on until the end of the month when its updated by experian, anyone know if this is correct
A couple of searches is no big deal. Especially if you have a good score, which you probably have.
In fact no searches for a while can negatively impact your score (same as having no credit card) I wouldn't worry about it, but Evans sound unprofessional to do that, tell them to fuck off.
Hope you get sorted.

Do they have the same car in a higher spec? Push for that at the same price.

The information is correct but Evans Halshaw could also advise them
It was their Mistake. Slight chance They may remove the search

They sound like cunts if they've managed to sell the same car twice. I'd run a mile, if it wasn't so hot of course..

so if the information is correct then at present the search wont be on file until its updated?,,then should be ok to move on to say Arnold Clarke

yes they do and have tried the old 'well lets get a deal sorted on this one for the hassle' there reply all vehicle pricing is non negotiable :-(
Seriously bud, they don't deserve your custom.
You're only financing 60% of the purchase price, get another deal somewhere else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.