Car driving standards

Re Driver 'aids.'
A misnomer if ever there was one.
Where to start?
Well that screen in front of the centre console is a good place to start. It is a thing which seems to have to justify its' existence.
One example - air con.
What was easier than turning a couple of control knobs to alter the temperature and airflow?
Now there is an extra step or two to take before you can perform that simple task.
It seems that the screens are only there to over complicate and confuse things.
Another, potentially dangerous thing, is wheen you aree travelling along a motorway or A road and it crosses another road (via bridge or underpass) and the car suddenly makes an unexpected brake application for a more severe restriction which applies to the OTHER road. You have to be alert as to what is happening or there is a risk of something colliding wwith the rear of your car.
Yep, the stupidest thing car manufacturers can do is get rid of tactile buttons. So dangerous to force people to look at a touch screen. Those Teslas look like they've had a 32" TV gaffer taped to the dashboard.

Mrs Ewing drives a little black number and she swears that some other drivers don't see her!

I don't particularly like France but I do like driving there - motorways where yer can see a car 400yds in front of yer and nowt in the rear view, but don't go into Paris.
I love driving in France. I was there a month ago, 1,500 miles and I only called someone a wanker once I think. Back in the UK and had barely done 10 miles before I was ranting away at twats everywhere.

OK, it's far less densely populated, and most motorways are only 2 lanes, but people are much better at following lane order, and will often move into a gap to let you by if it's clear you want to go faster. Over here they seem to just pick a lane, set cruise control, and start scrolling through their emails.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.