Car purchase advice

Go on see Kolo Toure

Kolo-Toure-shower.jpg

Don't ever buy a depreciating asset.

Would private lease not work for you?

Just got a new Merc C220 auto with all the bells and whistles for just £2k upfront and then £270 a month.

That's on 10k miles a year and 5p excess.

You might still be ahead than doing your £22k?

Good luck.

If you're not overly concerned about the prestige of driving a BMW/Audi then I would also recommend Volvo. They've rebranded them to try and escape the old man imagine. Their basic spec is excellent, they're comfortable to drive and they have good engines and excellent economy. If you want sport and economy though, you can't really escape the BMW 320D which is an excellent car with an efficient but punchy engine.

STM2012FIRSTDRIVE_318385k.jpg

I've just got the Mazda 6 Skyactive after BMWs. Nice loo car with a huge specification including 19 in wheels. Cheap insurance and £20 road fund licence.

Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.5 TCDI...got mine last week and it is absolutely superb.

Top looks, fantastic ride quality, top spec, punchy engine and easily 55+ per gallon, you can thank me later!

I've had one of these for 3 months, and you're spot on about the spec but I'll have to disagree about the punchy engine - below 1500rpm it couldn't pull a greasy stick out of a dogs arse. Plus in that spec with that engine and 2wd it has a list price of £26500.
Somebody else mentioned VWs. My previous car was a Passat 2.0 tdi and it was outstanding. I was a bit nonplussed at first but over 4 years I grew to love it, and I was gutted when it went back. Over 55k it never had so much as a blown bulb. Very comfortable and great at covering big distances, and managed to get 62mpg on the motorway once, although 54mpg was more common. For your budget you can get a one year old with a great spec. You won't regret it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.