Car purchase advice

Base model would get you this for 20k.

I'd go for the 3 Sport instead. Roomy, good looks, nice engine and loads of kit.

I got a 15 reg top of the range demonstrator 3000 miles for a shade under 20k. Deals are about if you don't want brand new..

I'm soon to be replacing my Focus looking to increase in size.
Either a Mondeo, Mazda 6, Passat, Skoda Superb (all estates) it is Motability so monthly payments are the same so it's just a case of picking the best one, advance payments are similar.

I'd be wary of leases - the excess mileage charge is fine coz you know what you are getting into but at the end of the deal they employ CSI techniques when they check it over - their idea of wear and tear and yours will NOT match up and unless you are very lucky with stone chips etc it will cost you more than just the 5p per mile. Mate of mine found they wanted all the money when his wet back and despite trying to tough it out had to cough £900 for repairs or have the bailiffs round.

If you are buying then you need to think new or used - to be honest if you're doing a tidy sum of miles I'd go used to lessen the depreciation to you - even ex-demo that sort of thing brings great savings. If you go a year or so old you could open the door to cars you think are beyond you.

Choose a good colour - you may fancy a yellow Merc or a mauve Discovery but few others will and that will hit your resale value. Also these days don't confuse engine size with power - Renault have 1 litre petrol cars banging out 100 bhp and Ford the same size with 120 bhp. Its another way of getting economy and not losing out on power.

Also think laterally - eg Ford's Mondeo is well thought of - The Mazda 6 is the same car but better looking - VW own as well as Audi SEAT and Skoda. I recently had a Superb for 10 days when my Insignia was in for a repair - the Skoda was a far far better car IMHO. So you will get a better car with better spec by going Superb over Passat. The Skoda's have good value retention too.

Kolo-Toure-shower.jpg

hahaha i have no idea how i managed to not burst out laughing, as i scrolled down then on the phone to my client.

I'm soon to be replacing my Focus looking to increase in size.
Either a Mondeo, Mazda 6, Passat, Skoda Superb (all estates) it is Motability so monthly payments are the same so it's just a case of picking the best one, advance payments are similar.
I've got a Focus, but I've also just bought a Mondeo. Both great cars for the money (both 2.0 Titanium editions). I'm very happy with both. The Mondeo (diesel) is surprisingly efficient and a very quiet, smooth drive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.