Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

But no beer? :)
Correct no beer. I tried having a few beers (pubs and cans) before the semis and finals in 2011 and 2013 and spent a lot of the time bursting for a piss and queueing to get into the inadequate toilet facilities inside Wembley so don't bother now,particularly as I am now approaching 64 and my bladder retention is a bit dodgy.

Flaked tuna & pickles that were reduced price - down to £2.35 each. I sat on the bench outside Euston bogs and consumed them whilst watching the world go by.
That is the only placed I noticed any hint of agro,a couple of teenage City fans singing "Shit on the Villa " at any passing Villa fan,but none of the Villa fans were taking the bait.The City youngsters soon moved on,maybe to try their luck elsewhere.
Not sure on pickles and tuna. I might have been sold on cheese and pickle.

Which Lucozade are we talking about? The fizzy one? Original flavour?

Plus over £100 on brandy before the game?
I had a nightmare in Wembley. For some reason I thought Smirnoff was going to be vodka. Asked for one and it’s Smirnoff Ice poured into a plastic pint pot, taking up just half the cup. Told him to pour another one in and make it a full cup - £14.60!!!

Not sure on pickles and tuna. I might have been sold on cheese and pickle.

Which Lucozade are we talking about? The fizzy one? Original flavour?
I just grabbed the 1st 2 packets that had yellow stickers on as I knew they would be reduced in price and I quite like tuna.(And I am a tight fucker who loves a bargain).
I also grabbed a bottle of Cherry Lucozade but I can't stand that flavour so quickly put it back,grabbed an original flavour and paid the guy. I almost lost my place in the queue but managed to push in again. So apologies to any Blues on here if you were in the sarnie shop on Sunday evening and I pushed past you in the queue.
If I pushed past you and you are a Villa fan then tough luck and fuck off.Ha.You shouldn't have got in my way.

I just grabbed the 1st 2 packets that had yellow stickers on as I knew they would be reduced in price and I quite like tuna.
I also grabbed a bottle of Cherry Lucozade but I can't stand that flavour si quickly put it back,grabbed an original flavour and paid the guy. I almost lost my place in the queue but managed to push in again. So apologies to any Blues on here if you were in the sarnie shop on Sunday evening and I pushed past you in the queue.
If I pushed past you and you are a Villa fan and I pushed past you, tough luck and fuck off.Ha.
Haha, fair fucks mate. I once accidentally picked up pork and pickle pies, that was a clusterfuck. Since decided that the only thing pickle should go with is cheese, ham or burgers.

£55 - return train ticket
£72 - ticket in Block 109
£7 - Sarnies and drink from Euston station shop
£5.60 - Tube from Euston Square to Wembley Park and back.

Total cost - £139.60.
So a Wembley final can be done on a reasonable budget without costing a mortgage.
I forgot to add that I didn't spend a single penny of Her Majesty's currency on the whole trip.
Train tickets and Wembley tickets bought online.
Tube journeys and sarnies/Lucozade paid by contactless card.
Modern technology is blooming marvellous,that's all I can say.

Mistakenly bought a pint of Foster's in The Arch At Wembley and was charged the princely sum of £6.00 for it.
Last season they were charging £4.50, so some South American style hyper-inflation going on in there.
This place describes itself as a Bar Dining Hotel which is a bit odd because it didn't look like the kind or place millionaires would hang out in. And at those bar prices no-one else could afford to eat or stay there.

Fucking hell have I wondered into a shit shopping forum?
Quite interesting, the travel and eating habits of fellow blues. Also of note, we all seem to be 'savoury' not 'sweet'. Is that because we are Northerners? and few enjoy a freshly baked cinnamon roll off the Picadilly concourse ? I can also identify with the weak bladder issue . I cant get past 2 pints and hope to see a full 90 minutes. No wonder there's always empty seats and people leave early

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.