Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire day was the polar opposite of the Stoke final... the weather, the journey down, the Mancini imminent departure.. all added up to a damp squib of a game and their eventual winner... it seemed destined to happen
That’s my point, nowt to do with Hart playing.

2 things will affect the outcome of this game I think. First is the clown who has come in his fancy dress referee outfit. Poor officiating is something that is largely out of the players control so we shall see how it pans out. Second is the teams attitude. I want to see that ruthless approach that lets the other team know that there will be only 1 winner. No pissing about at the back, pressing the shit out of their midfield and clinical in the box. I want to see that will to win from the outset. After last night's fiasco, let's demonstrate what we are capable of when it matters.

Apologies mate
`No problem.
Hey @crazyg whats this fiver stuff? And who is @EL APACHE TEVEZ ?
I noticed Woodley on your username, played bowls at woodley sports many years ago and I mean many. Think we will beat Arsoles or what?
See previous posts on the subject of Juliet B from him. Yours echo his comments, hence my reply.

Surely you remember the mystery person in the newspapers in bygone days (Lobby Ludd?), who if you saw him and challenged him you won a fiver?

I now refer the Right Honourable Lady to my comments extracted from post #150

"To get back to the thread, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't win, as Arsenal appear to have a few of their best players from last season's semi final either injured or transferred. They cannot, and I hope, will not, defend for 90 minutes as Wigan did - it is just not in their nature to do so. Last night was frustrating in a lot of ways, particularly the result, but I am confident that Pep will have them fired up for this one.

Fortunately, we have VAR, so we will see it "officially" in action. Unfortunately, we have Pawson to contend with. Remember him from the semi final last season and Spurs at home not so long ago?

As to making or breaking the season, 5 more wins and there's the main trophy. Sunday should be a bonus. We are playing the best football I have seen in the 58 years I've been watching, so anything is welcome. I still worry until we get to 40 points, though!"

I'll be there.

`No problem.

See previous posts on the subject of Juliet B from him. Yours echo his comments, hence my reply.

Surely you remember the mystery person in the newspapers in bygone days (Lobby Ludd?), who if you saw him and challenged him you won a fiver?

I now refer the Right Honourable Lady to my comments extracted from post #150

"To get back to the thread, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't win, as Arsenal appear to have a few of their best players from last season's semi final either injured or transferred. They cannot, and I hope, will not, defend for 90 minutes as Wigan did - it is just not in their nature to do so. Last night was frustrating in a lot of ways, particularly the result, but I am confident that Pep will have them fired up for this one.

Fortunately, we have VAR, so we will see it "officially" in action. Unfortunately, we have Pawson to contend with. Remember him from the semi final last season and Spurs at home not so long ago?

As to making or breaking the season, 5 more wins and there's the main trophy. Sunday should be a bonus. We are playing the best football I have seen in the 58 years I've been watching, so anything is welcome. I still worry until we get to 40 points, though!"

I'll be there.
Was that Lobby Luddd something to do with a daily newspaper, if you had the paper and saw him you got the fiver? Anyway back to thread, cannot stop worrying about the goalie thing, yer man Bravo gives me the willies ;-)

Vital we win this, imagine Pep will go with Bravo over Ederson, Danilo over Zinchenko at LB, and swap CB’s from yesterday ( Vinnie and Otter over Laporte and Stones)

Pep confirmed Bravo us playing in his presser the other day if I recall.

It was all over CityWatch.

I have to admit I am not confident ahead of the Sunday game after last night. Whatever happens it is going to be much easier to watch the game from terraces than on the TV. Whatever Bravo have done in cup games so far I would play Eddie in the goal. I would drop Stones, because his form has been horrendous since injury and I'd pair Ota/Laporte as CBs. And Raz ahead of B Silva please.

Was that Lobby Luddd something to do with a daily newspaper, if you had the paper and saw him you got the fiver? Anyway back to thread, cannot stop worrying about the goalie thing, yer man Bravo gives me the willies ;-)
Yet when we had a Willy in goal in the the last final, he won the game for us!
Don't forget, Bravo has been the star in 2 Copa America finals for Chile, saving them each time in penalty shoot-outs. He's no mug.

Yet when we had a Willy in goal in the the last final, he won the game for us!
Don't forget, Bravo has been the star in 2 Copa America finals for Chile, saving them each time in penalty shoot-outs. He's no mug.
This won't go to pens for him to be a hero,he is not good enough for a final when we have eddie sitting there doing nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.