Carabao Cup R4 Draw | West Ham (A) - Wed 27 Oct 19:45

hopefully yes
i booked an holiday for the saturday
but i was just a tad worried then,they would move palace to sunday,live tv or not
if they do
i have to.book sunday and my boss will not let me cancel the saturday
They won’t move it. No need to Weds/Sat is fine. I get back from holiday on the Friday just make sure I’m back for the Saturday. Definitely won’t be moved

We should start playing midweek matches on Tuesdaysys, Wednesdays and Thursdays to get more on TV IMO. Don't see why we don't already do it?

We should start playing midweek matches on Tuesdaysys, Wednesdays and Thursdays to get more on TV IMO. Don't see why we don't already do it?
Yeah, couldn’t the clubs and sponsors etc could generate more cash this way - I do wonder why there is still a limit of 2 matches per round, when the FACup for comparison seems to have 5 or 6 TV games each round.

Yeah, couldn’t the clubs and sponsors etc could generate more cash this way - I do wonder why there is still a limit of 2 matches per round, when the FACup for comparison seems to have 5 or 6 TV games each round.
There was an article about this in The Athletic recently. The FA sells the TV packages for the FA Cup as standalone contracts and has successfully managed to have two UK broadcasters involved for years now. The League Cup is sold by the EFL as part of a big package that also includes league games and the playoffs. It wants an exclusive broadcast partner and Sky has been the only interested party for some time. Two games per round is what they’re happy with - viewing figures don’t justify any more than that.

There was an article about this in The Athletic recently. The FA sells the TV packages for the FA Cup as standalone contracts and has successfully managed to have two UK broadcasters involved for years now. The League Cup is sold by the EFL as part of a big package that also includes league games and the playoffs. It wants an exclusive broadcast partner and Sky has been the only interested party for some time. Two games per round is what they’re happy with - viewing figures don’t justify any more than that.
Cheers for that, helps to explain.

I suppose the question would then be, why would sky be happy with only 2?
I would have thought they would want matches across Tues Wed and Thurs and then brand and market it as “League Cup Week” - their viewer numbers might not be up there with weekend PL games, but compared to their alternative Thursday night live offerings (which doesn’t normally add up to much, the odd bit of live darts aside), a tasty LC clash would surely be more appealing.

Any news on tickets for this? Assume it may go to general sale?
West Ham announced their ticketing details earlier today. Prices starting at £10 and £1 for kids.
Not sure what allocation we got when we played there in the FA Cup a few years ago but I'd be surprised if this one doesn't go down to general sale.

West Ham announced their ticketing details earlier today. Prices starting at £10 and £1 for kids.
Not sure what allocation we got when we played there in the FA Cup a few years ago but I'd be surprised if this one doesn't go down to general sale.
Cheers mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.