Cardiff City Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote

I think i'd remain a bit wary over all this Cardiff are a family club business ... i just can't see the local yobs letting City have the run of the place , or the pubs ... not bearing in mind what Swansea fans did to that rags minibus last weekend ![/quote]

i agree. you'll be safe as houses around the ground but in the city centre there will be certain people who will be out for trouble im sure. Cardiff Central train station is a prime area where "spotters" are usually hanging about and will let other people the numbers and whereabouts of away supporters, at least this was the case a few years ago.

I would just keep your wits about you and enjoy the city centre. Its a wonderful place to drink and 99% of us welsh scum are friendly and will enjoy the banter with away fans. I would stay away from the prince of wales pub and the ninian park pub mind as they are home pubs, but most others should be ok, especially The Lansdown pub in Canton which is popular with away supporters

I am dreading this game to be honest.

Not the best of times to be playing a recently promoted side with this being their first home game, their fans being well up for it and feeding energy to their players.

These are the games that we need to be improving on, it was not just last season but even in our title winning season we made a meal of our away games at the likes of QPR, losing to Swansea, drawing to Fulham away and losing to Sunderland etc...

Pretty much our away form under Mancini on a whole was pretty poor compared to the quality we have available.

United showed last week at Swansea how to win your away games, they got played off the park in the first half but they were very clinical with their chances.

They will be well up for it being there first home game in the prem, and will be giving
City players dogs abuse for the whole 90 mins. The players have to try and drown it
out and play their normal game. I'd go

Hart

Zabaleta
Clichy
Nastasic
Lescott

Y. Toure
Fernandinho
Navas
Silva

Aguero
Dzeko

Subs: Pantilimon, Kolarov, Garcia, Rodwell, Nasri, Negredo, Jovetic?

It's where the rubber meets the road as the Americans are fond of saying, it will be a measure of how things have or have not improved, much more than Monday nights game

FFS I can't believe what I'm reading on here, I don't care if they are up for it or not, saw this exact stuff right before Newcastle, we stick to our game plan and we will win, if not through sheer quality.

Us Cardiff fans are fearing the worst<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:11 pm --<br /><br />
karen7 said:
Aside from bellamy i know nothing about how cardiff play,can someone give me an idea,stoke like or better?

Similar to Stoke you could say, although better at set pieces and maybe play a bit more football (than Pulis' Stoke).

NoahCity said:
FFS I can't believe what I'm reading on here, I don't care if they are up for it or not, saw this exact stuff right before Newcastle, we stick to our game plan and we will win, if not through sheer quality.

To be fair there was some right old negative nonsense posted in the Newcastle pre match thread, the result was never in doubt just the amount of goals we would score.

However you can forgive a few concerns because this is exactly the type of game we seemed to struggle in last season, yes we have a new manager and some new players but people can only go on what has gone before, like I my expectation for the Newcastle game in recent history we always beat them

After originally deciding not to go the thought of a 'Euro' away for 40 notes and 25 travel got the better of me ;)

It will be harder than last night early doors as Cardiff will be really fired up but, if we will play to our new standards we have nothing to worry about.

SambaStyle said:
Us Cardiff fans are fearing the worst

-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:11 pm --

karen7 said:
Aside from bellamy i know nothing about how cardiff play,can someone give me an idea,stoke like or better?

Similar to Stoke you could say, although better at set pieces and maybe play a bit more football (than Pulis' Stoke).

Thank you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.