Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Any of our newer supporters this is how it used to be following City in the past !!!
Older fans will know what I mean !

There's no dodging it, there was a stench of arrogance going into the game today... it showed on the field, such a relaxed approach in believing we would walk it, it's even going on this forum... people predicting 4-0 victorys. People never learn and more importantly neither do the players. And as always, reality kicked in at the final minute. Suddenly everyone is shocked that we are 3-1 down to Cardiff and it hits the players... just look at the sudden urgency and desire to win the game at 89 minutes.

It's not the first time it's happened and it will continue to happen until a manager finally puts his foot down and drops players for being so casual during the games. Because we batter Newcastle one week, doesn't mean we're going to batter another team the next week. It went on during the Mancini era aswell.

It's more of a mentality problem than physical.

tommybooth said:
the sad thing is Cardiff are shite.

Dead right. They will be humped by teams a lot less talented than us. They were motivated and we thought we won the league last monday

Disappointing today but Pellegrini's style will gain us a lot more points than lose us. We could and should have won today and I have no doubt that if we had a full strength team today we would have demolished them.

I just hope Pellegrini has the balls to drop key players if they don't perform. Aguero and Yaya should have been subbed today no excuses, they were both awful. Also Joe Hart needs replacing as soon as possible he simply makes too many mistakes for a so called 'top keeper'. I think it will do him good to be dropped and make him earn his place again.

All the defence was poor today but before being overly critical the loss of Vinny and Nasty is going to impact Zab, Clichy and Hart. I wouldn't worry too much about the defence as a whole and I have no doubt that this loss will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

IMO the most worrying player in our team is Clichy and if he doesn't improve his attacking play he will cost us numerous points. I reckon Clichy is a fantastic defender but a full backs role in a team is not all about defending in todays game. Time and time again Clichy had time and space on the ball and did nothing with it. Even worse was that he found himself in good crossing positions numerous times today and decided to slow things down, turn back and pass rather than take a chance with a cross.

Chippy_boy said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
cookster said:
Pelegrini reckons that Cardiff is a difficult place and many won't win there!

Absolute bollock! One of thr easiest away days fucked up!

I would seriously stick my house on scum raping them - bookmark this if you wish

Bookmarked. Because I agree with you.

Today is a very depressing day for me. I had foolishly allowed myself to start thinking we were really good. We still have long way to go. Top sides would and will rape Cardiff.

Kind of agree with this, still cheesed off. Worst thing is they were barely in our half in the 2nd half yet scored 3 goals from piss all possession. It wasn't like they were having a real go at us for the whole 90 minutes. After Dzeko scored that great goal we should have shut up shop and steam rollered them, taught them a lesson....the crowd had gone quiet, their passion had dipped. Their equaliser was a farce, the guy sort of ambled past Toure and Fernindinho, who both decided just to watch him saunter past.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
Goldenboy Yaya needs to actually run for once. I'm sick to death of him and I wouldn't be arsed if he left. He's just lazy. And no, this isn't a knee jerk, he's been like this for over a year.

hes arguably our best players, who is usually the best player in the big matches, we would be much worse with out him
Agree with that but can we stop using him as a holding midfielder his closing down and pressing the opposition has always been terrible.

SXBLUE said:
Any of our newer supporters this is how it used to be following City in the past !!!
Older fans will know what I mean !

It was just like this!!

Apart from the several hundred million pounds worth of talent, the excellent manager and the superb stadium that isn't falling apart.

I got laughed out of the pre-match discussion thread for suggesting it would be a difficult game and predicting 2-2. Right from the start they wanted it more, first game back in the big time and they were at it right from the off, we just didn't respond. Poor defending for the goals but the general game was like too many last season.

Not too worried though, it's early days, just disappointing to lose so early on after such a promising opening game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.