Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

We'll be a lot more solid once the centre backs are all fit. We really shouldn't be found that short after a couple of injuries though and it's fairly ominous looking ahead.

Who thought Cardiff would roll over like Newcastle did? I for one didn't. And to be honest they could have had more than 3 goals despite the amount of pocession we had. We need to strengthen our defence. Richards is always injured and we've not got players of the same class to stand in for Nastasic and Kompany.

Agree also with the mentality thing.

Our mentality until Dzeko's goal and between that and Cardiff's first goal was nowhere near similar to the mentality we showed when we were behind...

In the first half our attacks were lethargic may times, that couldnt happen with the right mentality.

We should start a match like we would be behind.

I am not saying United plays like that because they dont and they also have very bad 5-10 minutes periods in every half but when they have the ball and start to attack they have that mentality that now they have to score no matter what.

We passed around, gave away the ball like we were patient the goal will come no matter what well it came and we could do anything about it.

More urgency, more pressure on them, the earlier we score a goal the less they can sit back and park that fucking bus.

It happened so many times last season dont wanna see the same this season.

Much more calm now. Tis a blip in the scheme of things. We wil bounce back right against Hull. Can only say fair play to Cardiff. No loss of faith in pellegrini here. Yaya does indeed need a kick up the arse though.
Get on the Rioja, boys and girls.

Atmosphere was good, shame about the result!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mfXrVMoODY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mfXrVMoODY</a>

This was a disappointing performance from the players and the manager (in terms of his substitutions). The lingering and ever so infuriating tendency to approach away games at a slow pace, basically just going through the motions and hope that something happens was on display today.I could not help but shout quicker!! quicker!!!, move!!, move!!, up the tempo!!, for most of the first half and it reminded me a lot about last season. Nobody wanted to take responsibility, nobody wanted to shoot and nobody really wanted to get stuck in.

We lacked leadership and spirit all over the park in contrast with the Cardiff players and on the balance of things their honesty in approach and their defensive hard work more or less made then deserve something out of the game.

Aguero really worried me today. I thought, by selling Tevez we have freed ourselves from the attacking approach of putting your head down in and around the box and trying to do everything yourself but Aguero showed that today and was terrible. Pellegrini should have taken him off in the second half. But I hope Aguero's attacking attitude today is a one off and he will not start being selfish in good positions like Tevez.

Yaya toure sat way too deep to have any influence on the attack. I once pondered that Kompany is the most important attacking player in the squad and I am now beginning to belive it. This is because he provides that leadership and drive from the back with the ball, which then inspires the other players to move foward and build up momentum on offense. So Kompany being injured is a big loss but defensively and offensively.

Dzeko was fairly subdued today but I still think he posed more treat with the ball and should not have been substituted but his injury will be a cover for that. Navas should have also been on the pitch and the decision to substitute him after we scored was strange indeed.

Ultimately it was our lack of leadership during set pieces that cost us the game and everybody is to blame for that.

The only player that did a respectable and honest shift today was David Silva.

It is easy to get carried away with negativity but this was indeed very embarrassing and I fear we may have lost some fear factor that we gained after the first match because most teams will now be emboldened against us particularly away from home.

After the wigan match, I posted something about precedence and how it is the word I fear the most. Pellegrini may now begin to realize that his work is significantly more difficult that he thought. We will still win the league but it will take a lot of diagnosis, purification and insightful man management by Pellegrini to really possess and inspire the players to be ready for every game and hope they don't let him and the club down once again as a consequence of precedence.

On the bright side..

We are only 2 games in and nobody expects any team to win every match. So we have to move on and hope that the team learn from this experience and become stronger, more focused and have greater contempt for halfheartedness.

TGR said:
I think a little bit of perspective is needed right now. Yes it it was a poor collective performance and we have been dumped back to earth with a serious thud! However, if you are going to get a swift kick up the arse and BIG wake up call then the 1st away game of the season is possibly the best time to get it.
The manager now knows exactly what he is dealing with and he needs the chance to sort it out. He probably now realises that some of players are not as good as they think they are and they can't keep blaming it on everyone else - which as we all know they are very quick to do so.
Lets take stock and start making some objective judgments after circa 10 games or so.
As crazy as this may sound the defeat today may well be a blessing in disguise for us.

Fank Fuk. Someone with sense. .....Who'd 'av thought

Pigeonho said:
Much more calm now. Tis a blip in the scheme of things. We wil bounce back right against Hull. Can only say fair play to Cardiff. No loss of faith in pellegrini here. Yaya does indeed need a kick up the arse though.

A win against Hull will do little to appease me after that display. Our real test will come in a few weeks against Stoke,anything like today and we are in big trouble.

Pigeonho said:

And then go to Stoke......................you can make the rest up yourself!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.