Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
Sergiostoe said:
Atmosphere was good, shame about the result!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mfXrVMoODY[/youtube]

Added YouTube tags to this one, because it's a goodun. ;)

Typical over reaction from the stewards/coppers what harm is a flare like that going to do amongst our own fans?!

Blueband Brother said:
This was a disappointing performance from the players and the manager (in terms of his substitutions). The lingering and ever so infuriating tendency to approach away games at a slow pace, basically just going through the motions and hope that something happens was on display today.I could not help but shout quicker!! quicker!!!, move!!, move!!, up the tempo!!, for most of the first half and it reminded me a lot about last season. Nobody wanted to take responsibility, nobody wanted to shoot and nobody really wanted to get stuck in.

We lacked leadership and spirit all over the park in contrast with the Cardiff players and on the balance of things their honesty in approach and their defensive hard work more or less made then deserve something out of the game.

Aguero really worried me today. I thought, by selling Tevez we have freed ourselves from the attacking approach of putting your head down in and around the box and trying to do everything yourself but Aguero showed that today and was terrible. Pellegrini should have taken him off in the second half. But I hope Aguero's attacking attitude today is a one off and he will not start being selfish in good positions like Tevez.

Yaya toure sat way too deep to have any influence on the attack. I once pondered that Kompany is the most important attacking player in the squad and I am now beginning to belive it. This is because he provides that leadership and drive from the back with the ball, which then inspires the other players to move foward and build up momentum on offense. So Kompany being injured is a big loss but defensively and offensively.

Dzeko was fairly subdued today but I still think he posed more treat with the ball and should not have been substituted but his injury will be a cover for that. Navas should have also been on the pitch and the decision to substitute him after we scored was strange indeed.

Ultimately it was our lack of leadership during set pieces that cost us the game and everybody is to blame for that.

The only player that did a respectable and honest shift today was David Silva.

It is easy to get carried away with negativity but this was indeed very embarrassing and I fear we may have lost some fear factor that we gained after the first match because most teams will now be emboldened against us particularly away from home.

After the wigan match, I posted something about precedence and how it is the word I fear the most. Pellegrini may now begin to realize that his work is significantly more difficult that he thought. We will still win the league but it will take a lot of diagnosis, purification and insightful man management by Pellegrini to really possess and inspire the players to be ready for every game and hope they don't let him and the club down once again as a consequence of precedence.

On the bright side..

We are only 2 games in and nobody expects any team to win every match. So we have to move on and hope that the team learn from this experience and become stronger, more focused and have greater contempt for halfheartedness.
Great post.

Desire. I think that's what's being questioned. It's not necessarily work rate, but the mentality of the players to take responsibility to hurt the opponents. We're too content to tippy-tappy our way around them.

LoveCity said:
Sergiostoe said:
Atmosphere was good, shame about the result!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mfXrVMoODY[/youtube]

Added YouTube tags to this one, because it's a goodun. ;)
wondered where the smoke came from too,, fooking class

nellyonthewing said:
Hart 4
Zab 5
Clichy 4
Garcia 3
Lescott 5
Toure 2
Fernandiho 4
Navas 6
Dzeko 6
Silva 6
Aguero 3

Milner 5
Negredo 7
Nasri 3

WhoScored ratings: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/719914/Live/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Cardiff-Manchester-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/719914 ... ester-City</a>

Zabaleta and clichy were fucking rubbish today. Basic defending yet neither could do it.

Hart made some good saves to keep us in it but the error for the 2nd was just awful.

They all need to improve quickly.

We all knew that once a kompany got injured we would be hoping for the best and so it proved.

Garcia is dogshit. Always has been always will be.

Having had time to reflect and not go all guns blazing with a knee jerker, here's my thoughts.

1. The mind set away from home is still the same as under Mancini. It just looked and felt like a Mancini era away game. How they can go from Monday's up and at em, focused, well drilled and confident display at home to today's performance is bewildering.

2. Yaya was (as against Newcastle) much to deep. Basically playing in the Carrick role. It's not where he's most effective. I'd swap him and Fernandinho round.

3. Clichy still seems unwilling or unable (or both?) to actually cross the ball. There were a vast number or times in the game where he had space and time to cross but didn't. The little 'to me to you' thing him and Nasri do makes me want to vomit. CROSS the fucker.

4. Hart was brilliant at parts in the first half but utterly diabolical on their corner goals. An international goalkeeper should be doing much better. Needs to wake up and start delivering what we know he's capable of.

5. The quicker Kompany & Nastasic are back the better.

Of course there were issues, but for me the main issue, as with many aways last year, was the mind set was all wrong and the confidence was missing. We looked a completely different side from Monday.

To score 2 goals v a promoted side and not win the game is pretty fucking poor no matter how you dress it up or spin it.

The squad and manager have much to sort out, but I'm sure they will.

What's needed now is a 'response'. A proper good performance against Hull to get us back on track.

Before I start please accept my apologies for the following rant _ I have come in from watching it in the pub - with baying, gloating reds in attendance and I have a couple of vodka's on board BUT..............

I feel really despondent this evening and I'm not usually like that - always a cup half full person - bought my first City season ticket in 1977 - so have seen them through thick, thin and even thinner...........

but what really ticks me off is that I've fallen for all the hype after last week - I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear after the performance against Newcastle - thought they looked magnificent. In retrospect now - it was probably a measure of how crap Newcastle is.......

As I said I've seen worse performances than this over the years - but I feel cheated that I've fallen for all the hype - from the club, chairman and Pellers - they're the one's that have told us we're going to greater heights, win 5 trophies in 5 years etc, etc - I feel mugged that I've been gullible enough to fall for it and believe it - do they not know that we are CITY - and it's not in our genetic make up to do those things............
Went out today in high hopes, excited, backed them 3-0, with a side bet of Dzeko for a hat trick - oh when will I learn..........

Feel let down by so many players - my biggest gripe is against Joe Hart - he needs to pay less attention to washing his hair with head and Shoulders and being a cat walk model and concentrate on being a goalie - I think Pants deserves a chance

Anyway - apologies for the negativity - but I'm working tomorrow and off I will go and face the barrage of ridicule from the reds - will it ever end.......................................................

imo it might sound stupid but i think we are missing an english core to our team, players that love the club and will put the club first, not sayign we dont have players like that btw ie zaba, kompany, but we are missing that drive in our team imo

Chelsea have terry and lampard, United- ferdinand, carrick, giggs, welbeck , liverpool- gerrard.

only an opinion btw ;)

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Wouldn't playing Rodwell as centreback been more sensible than playing Javi Garcia cos he started off playing centreback at Everton?

.... all i heard on the radio was "Garcia has played at Centre-Back when he was in Spain." .... I bet he didn't fecking play there in Portgual more recently though.

I think it's an urban myth about Rodwell and Centre back. Has he actually played there? I don't think he has, but hey ho I hope Garcia never pulls a City shirt on ever again.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
imo it might sound stupid but i think we are missing an english core to our team, players that love the club and will put the club first, not sayign we dont have players like that btw ie zaba, kompany, but we are missing that drive in our team imo

Chelsea have terry and lampard, United- ferdinand, carrick, giggs, welbeck , liverpool- gerrard.

only an opinion btw ;)

Erm....... Hart, Milner, Lescott, Richards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.