Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

argyle said:
BobKowalski said:
argyle said:
There is obvious concern at CB and LB.

However I wonder if we are light in centre midfield also? We have Yaya and Fernandinho but there is a distinct drop off in quality to bring on if they are having an off day like Yaya did today.

Milner is solid and dependable but nothing special, Rodwell is injury prone so can't be relied on and Garcia is, well, you know...

What if either Yaya or Fernandinho get inured? I think this could be a problem for us this season.

Well we could perhaps call on Garth Barry to maybe do the job he has been doing with reasonable success for the last 3 years now. Just a thought.

Agreed, but does it look like we're selling him? Would be just like letting Kolo go without a replacement.

To be honest I have no idea why Barry is getting the cold shoulder treatment or why we are trying to sell him. I understand he doesn't want to go and his experience could be useful coming off the bench. I presume Txiki doesn't fancy him one bit and is giving him the 'holistic' treatment. Find it odd personally.

argyle said:
There is obvious concern at CB and LB.

However I wonder if we are light in centre midfield also? We have Yaya and Fernandinho but there is a distinct drop off in quality to bring on if they are having an off day like Yaya did today.

Milner is solid and dependable but nothing special, Rodwell is injury prone so can't be relied on and Garcia is, well, you know...

What if either Yaya or Fernandinho get inured? I think this could be a problem for us this season.

Fernandinho is just getting the feelers for this league/club etc but his style of play in the holding role looks to similar in that lax way to yayas to play alongside him, I 'd prefer one of them holding with Rodwell or Milner unleashed going forwards.
Today was about that niggling doubt we all had last year with the zonal marking set piece defending debate. Truth is we got sloppy after winning the title and have now lost the plot on defending set pieces. Today Zabba cost us the game as he totally lost his man twice for two goals. Say what you want about our lack of CB cover but our CH's are lost in a crowded box.

Eccles Blue said:
What has happened to Clichy's runs down the wing? He seemed to be holding back, a number of times he could have been further down the pitch ready for balls

Honestly if I played like Clichy today at our weekly 7s, I'd get my balls booted by my mates.

Move forward 5 yards and then pass it back 10 yards. Never attempt to beat a man. And finally when finding yourself in a position to cross it, decide to play it backwards.

People say he's shite at crossing, well so was I as a kid but after a few weeks stuck out on the wing playing Headers & Volleys I soon mastered the art of crossing a ball.

He's multi-million pound fullback and based on his performance today, wouldnt get a game of 7s with us on Tuesday.

Bodicoteblue said:
I was looking forward to Dzeko becoming the player we wanted him to be , and while his spirit and attitude have improved , I fear that we have seen no improvement in his skill and ability.

Game #1 - MOTM
Game #2 - Screamer goal from 25 yards

It's Aguero who needs to make way for Negredo.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
Bodicoteblue said:
I was looking forward to Dzeko becoming the player we wanted him to be , and while his spirit and attitude have improved , I fear that we have seen no improvement in his skill and ability.

Game #1 - MOTM
Game #2 - Screamer goal from 25 yards

It's Aguero who needs to make way for Negredo.

i seen your user name and it reminds me of our players djekel n hyde

Italian Manc said:
3 goals conceded against f*cking Cardiff?

3 good goals against the might bluebirds :) just can't wait for the trip up to the Etihad to witness another 3 points taken off you /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/

mancityscot said:
I want to see pantilimon start ahead of hart

As do I. And at this rate, it won't be long before he does.

BLUEBIRDS! /o\ \o/ /o\
Ooh ooh ooh Fraizer Campbell will always score goals every chance that he gets he puts the ball in the bet Fraizer Campbell will always score goals!

We hope you had a good time at the city stadium and hope you have a good memory to keep from us :)

Loool, how did this one became so rich, ffs

1185358_510749085675467_81914839_n.png

greasedupdeafguy said:
Eaglechief said:
Big mistake by Pelle to take Navas off so soon after we scored.

No pace left to threaten their backline as the game wore on.
very strange sub unless he had an injury

TV commentators said he had a niggle and was taken off as a precaution<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:56 pm --<br /><br />My grandson's school team defend corners better than we did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.