Cardiff vs Swansea in the Premier League

Pigeonho said:
dctid said:
SambaStyle said:
What do you think about this, now that Cardiff are all but promoted?

Should not be allowed into the league - they should play in their own fucking league
They do.

Last time i checled Swansea and Cardiff we both registered and goverened by the Welsh FA. They play in league(s) that are English leagues which are regulated in part or in whole by an English FA.

Wales as a nation seem quite keen on devolution and have their own assembly and it would be reasonable to suggest there is a good deal of anti English sentiment in Southern parts of Wales.

When Cardiff made the FA Cup Final, UEFA confirmed that they would take the place of a LoW side, not an English one. This is because from a UEFA perspective Cardiff remain coded as a Welsh club.

They are a Welsh club playing in an English league and yes historically they have been there but things change.

I might be wrong but I dont think so. When I was a little boy - 70/71/72 maybe; I am sure that Cardiff had a massive lead in Division 2 and were odds on for Promotion but lost out to a Blackpool side with Tony Green ( anybody remember him ? - lovely player, think of a Scottish David Silva) and a young Tommy Hutchinson out on the wing.

They still need a point.

A fiver now says Cardiff go straight back down with Hull City and their Egyptians and Elephant man, Manager.

Swansea play some nice football and their fans aren't too bad.

Cardiff fans are thugs and aren't very nice at all. I am not looking forward to them coming to the league. They're as much trouble as the two old firm teams

dctid said:
Pigeonho said:
dctid said:
Should not be allowed into the league - they should play in their own fucking league
They do.

Last time i checled Swansea and Cardiff we both registered and goverened by the Welsh FA. They play in league(s) that are English leagues which are regulated in part or in whole by an English FA.

Wales as a nation seem quite keen on devolution and have their own assembly and it would be reasonable to suggest there is a good deal of anti English sentiment in Southern parts of Wales.

When Cardiff made the FA Cup Final, UEFA confirmed that they would take the place of a LoW side, not an English one. This is because from a UEFA perspective Cardiff remain coded as a Welsh club.

They are a Welsh club playing in an English league and yes historically they have been there but things change.
When was the last time you checked, and why did you?
Why would they change now? It's been a joy to watch some of swanseas's games, a club on the brink not so long ago. It's neither here nor there where they 'come from' at the end of the day. Plus for those lucky enough to go away, it's somewhere new to try.

Pigeonho said:
dctid said:
Pigeonho said:

When was the last time you checked, and why did you?
Why would they change now? It's been a joy to watch some of swanseas's games, a club on the brink not so long ago. It's neither here nor there where they 'come from' at the end of the day. Plus for those lucky enough to go away, it's somewhere new to try.

And for those of us, who can only afford to go to home matches, the chance to see a different team and set of supporters.

Lots of bollocks in the top post. You need to check again because Cardiff and Swansea now come under the umbrella of the English FA and both clubs accept that. Swansea are in Europea next year and they will not take a place from a Welsh team but from an English side.

Also the comment regarding the anti english sentiment is nonsense as well, to be honest you'd find more Welsh speakers in Argentina than you would in Cardiff! Also Cardiff fans aren't like that at all anymore. I know a few, think the new stadium killed all that and they have attracted a lot of happy clappy types. The old Cardiff wouldn't have taken a colour change.

Nowt wrong with Cardiff and Swansea being in the premier league.This should be an intresting derby next season.Welsh football is looking quite healthy.

mick10 said:
Got a mate from Cardiff (a Cardiff fan), and do they hate Swansea? Oh F**k they don't half!!
What's the Jack thing all about??
Jack was the name of a dog that lived at the docks in Swansea in the 1930s, used by the harbourmaster type bloke to help people who fell in or were in difficulty in the water and drag them out. He was a Newfoundland dog I think. Swansea Jack is buried near the rugby ground at Swansea bay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.