Carlos arrested

Re: Carlos arrested

Kompany is King said:
If Tevez is guilty then surely it is a prison sentence.

Fine or another ban wouldn't be a deterrent.

Of course, hope he is innocent and can play up front for us.

Its not usually a prison sentence for a first offense unless there are serious aggravating factors and/or other ofenses such as dangerous driving. But, if he were to be convicted, it wouldnt be a fine, most likely it would be 80-100 hours of unpaid work.

These days its only after 3 or 4 offenses of driving whilst disqualifed that you would go to prison, but it does depend on how quickly the offenses follow each other.

cibaman said:
Kompany is King said:
If Tevez is guilty then surely it is a prison sentence.

Fine or another ban wouldn't be a deterrent.

Of course, hope he is innocent and can play up front for us.

But, if he were to be convicted, it wouldnt be a fine, most likely it would be 80-100 hours of unpaid work.

So a court could force us to loan him out to Portsmouth for the rest of the season?

Anyone who thinks he will go to prison for this need to chill out.

Yes it is a serious offence but the prisons are near bulging. Why would you send a disqualified driver to jail?

He will get a heavy heavy fine and ban with the threat of jail should he reoffend.

I'd like to see him get a prison sentence over the summer break. That would teach him that just because he's got loads of money he is NOT above the law. He has set a terrible example to others (youngsters) and he should receive a punishment that would actually mean something to him. Well that's what I think anyway!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Anyone who thinks he will go to prison for this need to chill out.

Yes it is a serious offence but the prisons are near bulging. Why would you send a disqualified driver to jail?

He will get a heavy heavy fine and ban with the threat of jail should he reoffend.

If he were to be convicted it would be extremely unusual for him to just get a fine. Equally unlikely that he would go to prison.

toofaraway said:
I'd like to see him get a prison sentence over the summer break. That would teach him that just because he's got loads of money he is NOT above the law. He has set a terrible example to others (youngsters) and he should receive a punishment that would actually mean something to him. Well that's what I think anyway!

I can't believe that you can actually go to jail for a driving conviction. I thought the people that were talking about jail time were either joking or being ridiculous. Over here you would be charged under the highway traffic act, completely seperate from the criminal courts. The only way a driving offence would be considered a criminal act, would be if it was a case of hit and run, alcohol involved or vehicular manlaughter etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.