Carlos Borges | Signed by Ajax for £12m

The academy is a great cash cow for us

Do you only stand a chance of making it from academy through to senior team if you’re from Manchester?

Disappointed to see him go
I am too.
One can only hope that he makes it good and maybe end up back with us in the future.
Next season could see some of our younger ex players like Hodge, Trafford, Borges, Brooks and Lavia ( assuming he transfers to a Premier league team) playing top level football. Kabore has gone on loan to Luton also.
it will be great to see how these lads progress.

The academy is a great cash cow for us

Do you only stand a chance of making it from academy through to senior team if you’re from Manchester?

No,you also have to be in possession of the skillset that fits into the first teams style of play.

Carlos is a major talent,but his counter attacking style and raw pace is not hugely beneficial to our style.I'm sure a team like West Ham will take full advantage though,and he will become a very exciting player.

He had a choice of 3 or 4 clubs,good ones....so not sure why the Hammers are his preference.

No,you also have to be in possession of the skillset that fits into the first teams style of play.

Carlos is a major talent,but his counter attacking style and raw pace is not hugely beneficial to our style.I'm sure a team like West Ham will take full advantage though,and he will become a very exciting player.

He had a choice of 3 or 4 clubs,good ones....so not sure why the Hammers are his preference.

Just out of interest, and I don't know the answer to this, does the academy side he posted such great stats for play a more counter attacking style as I thought all the academy teams tried to replicate the first team style?

Not trying to trip you up as I know you are a big champion of the academy players and much more knowledgeable than myself about these sides.

Just out of interest, and I don't know the answer to this, does the academy side he posted such great stats for play a more counter attacking style as I thought all the academy teams tried to replicate the first team style?

Not trying to trip you up as I know you are a big champion of the academy players and much more knowledgeable than myself about these sides.

One of the main reasons is that the academy teams he plays against don’t just stick 11 men behind the ball like most teams do to our first team. So he has plenty of space to run into.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.