Carlos Borges | Signed by Ajax for £12m

Just scored. The whole Portuguese team…something else. Hugo Felix (brother to João Felix) is leading them really well.

Just scored. The whole Portuguese team…something else. Hugo Felix (brother to João Felix) is leading them really well.

I only watched the first half hour,he didn't have much involvement really.I think the way the Portuguese set up,high line/fullback,restricts his attacking play and strengths a little.

The team do look good,im a big fan of their centre half (no.4)

I only watched the first half hour,he didn't have much involvement really.I think the way the Portuguese set up,high line/fullback,restricts his attacking play and strengths a little.

I agree that offensively he's not having much involvement or the influence that we'd expect from him but he's been very important defensively, he's very strong and efficient at pressuring.

I think you meant the no.8 Gustavo Sá, the no.4 is the central defender Gabriel Brás that's been giving me Ruben DIas vibes, he also has 2 goals in this competition.

I agree that offensively he's not having much involvement or the influence that we'd expect from him but he's been very important defensively, he's very strong and efficient at pressuring.

I think you meant the no.8 Gustavo Sá, the no.4 is the central defender Gabriel Brás that's been giving me Ruben DIas vibes, he also has 2 goals in this competition.

No,Bras is who im talking about......and the Dias comparison is very much why.

I echo Galvanoth’s statements as well.

However, he seems popular with the coaching staff. Saw someone say on a thread that he (Borges) doesn’t work hard, or track back etc whereas that’s one thing he did at least more so than not.

He’s still young and so will make mistakes but he has so much room to grow.

On the no.4, I agree. Whereas I like their RB.

I watched the game, well atleast 70 minutes of it, I missed his goal.

Yeah, the team plays with wide fullbacks so the wings have to come inside and he is more of a wide winger.

That being said, there's stuff about him that feels off.

When the camera panned to him (and it did alot), his face always look angry and looking down.

His play style looks "erratic", it's hard to explain, he doesn't run normally.

Now to be fair, he has loads of goals and assists at the academy level, but there's just some odd things in how he plays that make me doubt he will succeed here.

I have more faith in players like McAtee and Bobb tbh, as well as Mebude but he seems like he's already out.

Disappointing final game and tournament by him.

Im starting to think he is one of those who look good at youth level due to his physicality and city system, but will struggle in the mens game.

I have far more faith in Oscar Bobb making the step up.

Disappointing final game and tournament by him.

Im starting to think he is one of those who look good at youth level due to his physicality and city system, but will struggle in the mens game.

I have far more faith in Oscar Bobb making the step up.
In terms of pure numbers though he’s about as impressive as any player we’ve ever had at youth level. Maybe he won’t fit our system, but I hope we get a good sell-on % and buyback.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.