Carlos Tevez City Till He Dies!

Tevez is second, Behind David Silva for chances created & above Silva in the list for assists.

He has been going through a bit of a scoring drought by his standards. At everything else, including workrate, he is by far our best forward. It's not even close.

If he starts scoring regularly again, he will be, once again, City's best player, bar none.

Philbo said:
trevorriley said:
strange thread !

On a serious note, tevez should start every game, any supporter of a team playing against us says " you have tevez , aguero, silva, best front three" .

He works hard, he has footballing brain...

End of the season lets not sell him, as a club we dont need the money so no point in thinking of getting money while he is only 29. Keep him as long as we can, start him every game....

Not sure why you think it;s a strange thread ;-) <3

I just think everyone needs to start being more positive about the team and get behing them. Some of the bell ends in the South Stand who just turn up to whinge need to shut up and do the Poznan.

And whilst I'm on it the people who started a thread last season telling people how to behave at a football game saying don't bring flags, don't have your face painted because it's small time can do one as well. If that makes people sing or get in the mood for a bit of banter then great, do it all you want but remember to turn up and sing and get behing the lads like we used to when we were REALLY shit!

CTID and all that

Word to your mamas x

You missed out "and stay til the end!"

Tevez has indeed been fantastic this season...
... at smacking the cows arse with a banjo.

He is the biggest reason why we are 12 points behind the rags. He has lost a yard of pace and as a result he is finished as Prem striker. Sure he had a reasonable game against LEEDS but that isn't saying much. Is it?

We have a serious problem in attacking midfield as well tough.They don't press the opposition quickly enough, try and walk the ball into the net and don't shoot accurately and often enough from long range to prevent the opposition defence from defending deep and smothering our give and go passes.

BlueAnorak said:
Tevez has indeed been fantastic this season...
... at smacking the cows arse with a banjo.

He is the biggest reason why we are 12 points behind the rags. He has lost a yard of pace and as a result he is finished as Prem striker. Sure he had a reasonable game against LEEDS but that isn't saying much. Is it?

We have a serious problem in attacking midfield as well tough.They don't press the opposition quickly enough, try and walk the ball into the net and don't shoot accurately and often enough from long range to prevent the opposition defence from defending deep and smothering our give and go passes.

I think that's a bit harsh. But he certainly hasn't played as well this season as he has in the past. So I can only imagine that the reason he has stood out so much this season for the people here singin' his praise, is that a lot of the other players have under-performed even more than he has this season. The only player that I would claim has been fantastic this year is Zabaleta.

Not harsh at all.

Sorry if the truth hurts.
Tevez - absolute gash in front of goal. He has scored and set up less in 6 months than in 2 months at the end of last season.
YaYa & Silva - Pale shadows of the 2012 vintages.
Nasri - What does he do exactly?

While we're at it Aguero has been a pale shadow of last season's version too.

For sure aside from Zabaleta (and Barry - till QPR away, Liverpool at home and Southampton away) and Dzeko, every body has been a bit worse. Yes injuries haven't helped, but frankly a lot of the players simply haven't been hungry enough.

Still on the bright side our League form has been loads better this time round than when we last won the league in 1937-38 and 1968-69. Lets hope we can do as well as 1968-69 in terms of the FA cup.

a top player who had grief of his missus (show me a bloke who hasnt) think he needs to be played further up the pitch because his distribution isnt the best.

sasan160 said:
i promise you lads watch and see. if he plays him against chelsea..its gonna be good old tevez. after all..i started supporting city once he made the switch from utd
Has this really gone undetected? or have you all just not bitten haha/

Maybe it is time to forgive and forget...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-03-03/carlos-tevez-wants-to-regain-idol-status-with-manchester-city-fans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.itv.com/sport/football/artic ... city-fans/</a>

Carlos Tevez claims he is a different man to the one that walked out on Manchester City to return home to Argentina last season, but admits he still has work to do in winning back the club's fans.

Tevez has re-established himself as a regular in Roberto Mancini's side this season, something that was almost unthinkable last year as he went on unauthorised leave in his homeland for several months, apparently ready to quit the game.

"I knew it wasn't going to be easy to come back," Tevez told the Sunday Times. "I'd left City and you could almost say I'd left through the back door. But it is almost like there are two Tevezes. There's the Tevez before, who had a problem, and there's the Tevez now, who no longer has problems."

Tevez said the key has been getting his family back together. Tevez had requested a transfer from City prior to his walkout when his wife and children returned to Argentina, but now they are all back in England Tevez said he has a different perspective on his football.

"It totally changes everything, your disposition, your humour, just having them close," he said. "If I wasn't selected in the past I'd be in a terrible mood. Now I'm still gutted but I go home, see my daughters, it takes my mind off it and I feel better."

The 29-year-old has 11 goals in 33 appearances in all competitions this season, not quite matching the outstanding return of his pre-walkout days but still a highly valuable part of Roberto Mancini's strikeforce.

Despite that, a sizeable number of City fans still bear a grudge after last season, with Tevez's goals often met with a more muted celebration than those of his team-mates.

Tevez can understand that, but is still working to win them over with his new attitude.

"I knew it would be difficult for the fans to accept me again," he said. "But I hope, little by little, match by match...you give everything for the shirt and win them over through hambre de gloria (hunger for glory). I was once a real idol for these fans, they were so supportive of me. I hope I'm able to win them back."

While his standing with the supporters still needs work, Tevez is adamant he and Mancini are now "fine", their once fiery relationship "a lot calmer now".

"It might be down to maturity," he added. "Maybe, before, I was under a lot more pressure. I was a leader of the team. People would often say, 'If Carlos has a bad day, City have a bad day'. Maybe you just reach a point where there's worse things in life than disappointment in football.

"If I come off the bench and score but I'm not in the next starting line-up I'm a lot more accepting."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.