Carlos Tevez City Till He Dies!

samharris said:
Hard to tell from that if hes going or staying come summer.

I suspect he's going to stay this summer even if he doesn't sign a new contract. Personally I think we should give him a short extension. Always said that a fully focused Tevez who is happy to play the squad game is nothing but a world class asset.

BillyShears said:
samharris said:

I suspect he's going to stay this summer even if he doesn't sign a new contract. Personally I think we should give him a short extension. Always said that a fully focused Tevez who is happy to play the squad game is nothing but a world class asset.
I'm not sure what the problem has been with Tevez, but after a good start he has had a very poor season. I don't understand it.

Marvin said:
BillyShears said:
samharris said:

I'm not sure what the problem has been with Tevez, but after a good start he has had a very poor season. I don't understand it.

Got lazy, got fat.

Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:
BillyShears said:

Got lazy, got fat.

There's no way he's had a poor season.....he has been off form though without a doubt but many members of our team have had patchy periods of form this season. Hopefully that stunner he scored will give him the confidence again to get his edge back. He would probably be a 20% better player if the fans started singing his name out again - we cannot underestimate the effect that those in the stands have on the players out on the pitch. I think the way we won the league last season has had a bit of a hangover effect on the whole club - the fans included........hopefully we can win the FA cup this year and close the gap a bit and put them under a slight bit of pressure.

I've never understood not supporting one of our players when they put that Blue shirt on, it's got to be counter-productive.

I nice rendition of 'Carlos Tevez is a Blue......' might go down a storm. If a quick ditty can lift one of our players, and team, then I'm more than up for it.

Apologies if I missed a discussion of this, but in Zabaleta's interview with David Conn in yesterday's Guardian (link here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/01/pablo-zabaleta-manchester-city?INTCMP=SRCH), there's a discussion of the whole Tevez affair from last season. The emphasis below is mine, but the relevant part of the interview reads as follows:

[Zabaleta] was thrust into the diplomat role that infamous night at Bayern Munich in September 2011, sitting next to Carlos Tevez on the bench at 2-0 down when Tevez refused to warm up and Mancini, enraged after the game, said Tevez would never play for City again, sparking a long, poisonous stand-off. Zabaleta has known Tevez since they were youth international team-mates and is glad to be with him and their fellow Argentinian, Sergio Agüero, drinking the harsh-tasting mate tea of home, in the damp chill of Manchester. So it was awkward that he was a key witness in the club's inquiry into Tevez's conduct.

In Zabaleta's account there is clear sympathy for Tevez, a belief that Mancini aggravated the conflict by speaking out publicly straight after a hard defeat. Zabaleta's crucial evidence was that Tevez had indeed refused to warm up, saying he was already warmed up, but had not explicitly refused to go on the field. "When you lose a game everybody is upset," Zabaleta explains. "It is difficult for the manager because his team isn't playing well and sometimes after the game is not the right time to say something. It's better sometimes to calm down and talk about what happened. From something very small it grew so big." Of the club inquiry he recalls: "I just told the truth. I was next to Carlos and I gave my answer to the club, the truth."

Now, Tevez having taken his fines and suspensions, then finally returned to win the title and this season to carry himself as a beacon of good behaviour, Zabaleta can confidently praise his friend: "The positive thing is that Carlos came back again and the commitment for the club and team has been 100%. So that is well done by him."

I'm not saying that the above excuses the way Carlos handled himself subsequently. However, it does maybe suggest that the whole affair may have been less damaging and bitter had it been handled differently at the outset and to that extent the player might not have been quite as mutinous at the outset as was painted at the time.

He's a top player but he's been nowhere near to what he was when he came back from his little golfing trip. We could get somebody much better and much more reliable.

I dont understand how he has had a bad season! He's had some cracking assists and really works hard. I feel he's played more of an attacking mid field than a strikers role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.